Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A Way In A Manger...



Happy New Year
dear friends!

Another year passed...
filled with memories...

Thought I'd share a special one
as we come into the new year...

As you know,
Our most precious memory of 2016
will always be the blessed gift that God gave to us...
our beloved grandson, Noah...


A month or so before he was born...
my sweet "daughter" was searching for the perfect cradle
for his first bed...

She found one online that she fell in love with...
and asked her father if he would build it for her...


 It reminded us all of a manger...
Such an incredibly talented man...
he built it in his barn just using the picture she found.

Of course,
once the "manger" was built...
It would need a mattress and bedding
for Noah to sleep on...

And that, my sweet friends,
was Nana's job! (smile)

My "daughter" and I spent a lovely afternoon together
shopping for material...

She picked out a sweet forest print...

It was a bit of a challenge at first...
A standard cradle mattress wouldn't fit...
I finally realized that an extra firm king size pillow
fit just perfectly!


I created a "bag" for the pillow to fit in
which had small bumper rolls attached...
So he wouldn't bump his sweet little noggin!

 

Not long before this...
my dear sister-in-law had brought me 2 bags
of quilting material...
She was cleaning out her "stash" (smile)...
Some of it coordinated so perfectly with the forest print...


That I just had to make several sheets and a quilt to match!


I had been making some of these little dolls
as part of a "backpack program"...
(a post for another time)
So, of course, our little manger needed one! 

As I was working on this project...
And trying to come up with a way to make the bedding
fit just perfectly...
I began to think about how our Lord came to us...
in a manger...
Nothing fancy about it at all.
 

Yet that "manger" arrival...
provided a way for us to have everlasting life...
and communion for all eternity with our precious Saviour.


We don't have to "guess" how much
He loves us...

I guess reading with Nana tuckered him out!

"As for God, his way is perfect: "
Psalm 18:30

12 comments:

  1. Laura,
    This post brought tears to my eyes.. How absolutely beautiful this cradle and bedding are. The love that went into it. Not to mention, how beautiful is that wonderful gift God gave you. Noah is so pretty.
    I could not think of a better Christmas gift ... the one you all received [Noah] or the one Noah received [cradle and bedding]. And the most wonderful gift of all, that we all received.. Jesus..
    Hugs my friend, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Judy...thank you so much for your kind words. Noah is such a joy...I just love making things for him...just like you do for your granddaughters! I hope that you and Gary had a wonderful Christmas...and I wish you all the joy and happiness in the coming year!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Hello, my sweet friend! Little Noah is just cute as can be!! I'm so happy for you all. :-)
    What a sweet little bed for him! And you did a beautiful job on the bedding. The patterns are so pretty and woodsy.♥
    I hope you are having a great week!
    We may actually get some snow this week. Makes me happy.
    Love you, my friend. Take care. ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Melanie! We just can't help ourselves...he has brought such joy to our lives! I love making things for him...my sewing machine has been running steady for months!

      We haven't had much snow at all this year...rare around these parts! We've had mostly rain...and the temperatures have been unseasonably warm for this time of year! Some days almost feel like spring...makes me want to start my garden early (smile)!

      Take care, dear friend...wishing you a wonderful New Year!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Dear Sandra,
    Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit! We have been having such fun with our new little joy...and it is an adding blessing that he lives on the same dirt road as us!

    Happy New Year to you as well...I look forward to stopping by to see what sewing projects you are working on!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Teri...it is so nice to "catch up" with you again! I have to admit...I have been quite absent from blogging for awhile...hopefully I will have a bit more time as the winter sets in. Happy New Year, my dear friend!
    Love and hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! He's just too cute, and your manger bed and blankies and cuddly are adorable!

    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Laura...so nice to hear from you again! Thank you for your sweet comments...we just love being new grandparents...and I had such fun making these things for Noah...today's venture...cloth diapers!
      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  6. Dear Mrs Laura... Oh, am I ever so pleased to ''meet'' you! What a delight to discover your sweet comment awaiting me this morning...thank you! {{smiles}}
    A blessed 2017 to you...I am so glad 2016 was wonderful for you and your family! What a darling boy Noah is and my, he has such an enchanting smile! I love this cradle and all the beautiful things you created...what a gift to be able to make such special items for your grandson!
    I am so excited to be a new follower of your blog and look forward to many lovely visits with you!
    With love and blessings in Christ,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Kelly-Anne,
      Thank you so much for your sweet comments and for stopping by for a visit! I just loved visiting your blog...and look forward to stopping by again soon!
      Have a blessed week, dear one,
      Love,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  7. Dearest Mrs Laura,
    Oh what joy this post did bring to my heart! I have had your post up in my browser for sometime and have had limited time on my computer so am just now getting to comment as I've been wanting to :) I'm so glad to visit you today!
    Sweet, precious Noah. I can only imagine the tremendous blessing he is to you all. Your beautiful handiwork and the doll and quilt are truly beautiful. And how blessed for him to sleep in them, and in a bed so reminiscent of Christ's manger.
    What a joy to think I'm sure of how your 2017 will be full of moments watching him grow and discover and have new milestones.

    I also just wanted to thank you so much for what a tremendous blessing and encouragement and joy you are to me in the comments you leave- returning from a blogging break after the new year to read your words was such a wonderful feeling. Your words warm my heart and I'm blessed to have you share your words, memories, thoughts, and the other many things you've shared. It is always like a visit from an old friend to have you visit my blog, and your friendship truly is a blessing from the Lord.

    I pray God's greatest blessings upon you in this new year and that your year so far has been wonderful!
    Love and hugs to you,
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the birth of your sweet grandson, I love his name! And how awesome that your daughter's father was able to make such an awesome cradle for him to sleep in, I love it! And you did an amazing job creating the little "mattress" and bumper pads for it too! The little monkeys are just precious, love them! Enjoy all the cuddles and squeezes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...