Today is mama's birthday...
And I miss her...
That beautiful smile
always warms my heart...
It amazes me how quickly time passes...
It has been almost a year
since she went to be with the Lord...
Early last spring
my dad asked if I would sort through mama's clothes...
And donate some to local folks in need...
As I looked through them...
There were some that held such memories
that I saved them...for another time...
One was a sweater that my mama wore constantly...
You see, she was such a little woman...
and she was always cold! (smile)
The day before mama passed on...
we were all gathered around her bedside...
She was so happy to see us all...
She talked about getting well...
So she could
"rock that new grandbaby by the wood stove!"
Well, I have learned that although the Lord's plans
are not always the same as ours...
we must trust that He always knows what is best for us...
And so...in His most infinite wisdom...
He had decided that it was
her time to be with Him...
When our first little grandson was born this fall...
I took the sweater that mama loved so dearly...
And fashioned a bunting and cap for him...
So now...
whenever he wears it...
Perhaps mama got her wish...
(smile)
"And the peace of God,
which passeth all understanding,
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus..."
Philippians 4:7



This is such a beautiful tribute to your mom! The baby bunting you created from her sweater is so precious. What a special gift for your grandson!!
ReplyDeleteSo kind of you to comment, Sarah. I always love to see the items you create for your beautiful daughter. Thank you so much for stopping by today.
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
Thank you so much for your sweet words, Sandra. They warmed my heart...
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Laura
Oh, my sweet friend, I know you miss your mama.♥ I'm sure she would be so pleased to see her sweater cuddling her little great grandson.♥
ReplyDeleteMuch love and hugs to you today.
~Melanie
Thank you, dear friend...you always know how to bring a smile to my face! Have a very wonderful birthday with dear Miss Katey...19! I can hardly believe it!
DeleteLoads of hugs,
Laura
What a beautiful, heartwarming post! And what a lovely use for your mother's sweater! I love it when God brings such wonderful ideas to mind. He is in every detail, isn't He?
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a little visit and for your kind words. I am so glad that the Lord is in control of everything...such a comfort.
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
How beautiful that you made a baby bunting out of your beloved mom's sweater. Hope you feel the Lord's comforting presence today.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet words of comfort, Theresa...
DeleteBlessings to you,
Laura
Dearest Mrs Laura...
ReplyDeleteWhen I read your sweet email this morning and heard that today is your dear mother's birthday, oh! My heart felt so heavy for you...I pray that the Lord whispers much comfort to your heart as you remember her and all the sweet moments you had together! How precious that you and her were close - such a blessing as I well know...my mom is the person I loved most in the world! {{smiles}}
I love how you created a something special for baby Noah so that your mom could have her wish...
Thinking of you and sending much love your way...
Kelly-Anne
Oh, dear one...your e-mails brighten my day! Thank you so much for worrying about me...and for sending me love across the sea! Hope that all is well with your beautiful family...I just love seeing pictures of them all!
DeleteLoads of hugs,
Mrs. Laura
Laura, this post brought tears of sadness and tears of joy at the same time..
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that you took that sweater of your mom's and made the adorable bunting /cap for Noah.. I just know, your mom is looking down from heaven and she is very happy.. She has those sweet arms around Noah , when he wears this..
Sending a big ole hug and prayers to you this day.. And Happy birthday to your Mama in Heaven, happily with Jesus.
My dear friend Judy...
DeleteYou always know the right words to say to "lift me up" when I am sad...thank you for being a special friend.
With love,
Laura
Oh, dear friend! This brought tears to my eyes, as I feel such a deep longing for my own dear Mom today. Oh, it hurts, doesn't it? It never goes away. The little outfit you made for that baby is just adorable, and I just know that he will feel your dear Mother's love when he is wearing it. How precious! God bless you and hold YOU extra close, too. Sending you much love and big hugs! Oh, and congratulations for winning sweet Kelly-Anne's giveaway!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your kind words, Cheryl...they brought comfort to my heart on this special day. And it was the perfect day to receive an email from Miss Kelly-Anne...the Lord knew I needed something special today.
DeleteSweet blessings dear lady,
Laura
Thank you, sweet friend! I took Noah visiting on Mama's birthday...down to the neighbors in his stroller...in the snowstorm...we had such a lovely time...Mama would have so enjoyed it...
ReplyDeleteHope all is well with you, dear friend...I will have to catch up with you soon!
Love,
Laura
This just brought tears to my eyes! What an amazing gesture by you to do this for little Noah! There is no one on earth who can take the place of our sweet Mama, but what a gift you have passed on by creating this little outfit for Noah! Praying for you today!
ReplyDeleteLaura, what a heart full post. Thank-you for sharing your love for mama. We miss them til we see them again. Just this week thought how special it would be for my mother, mil and 2 grandmas to sit on my couch as they watched me tend my 18 month old Miss Muppet (grand daughter). Goodness. That brought tears!! Love the sweater bunting. Brilliant!! D.
ReplyDeleteDear friend, I just had you on my mind and wanted to drop in for a visit. I do trust you are feeling the comfort of our Lord as you continue to miss your sweet mama. God bless you!
ReplyDeleteLaura this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. You have honored your mama and your grandbaby. That was a perfect tribute, and I'm sure the love will be transferred.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
Emily of Teen for the Lord's momma
Hello, I found your blog from frommelanieshometoyours :-) You have a Lovely blog ...
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday to your Mamma :-)