Friday, November 11, 2016

Can You Say "Nana"?

It seems like forever since my last post...
Life here has been oh so busy...
But in a very good way!

Last Saturday, 
our beloved "daughter"
gave birth to our precious grandson,
Noah Leander...


The whole family gathered round...
Waiting patiently for 18 hours...
okay...maybe one particular grandmother
wasn't quite so patient (smile)...


Of course,
Uncle Daniel kept calm by
devouring a theology book!
  
In all the world...
We could never imagine that God 
could bless us any more than
He already had when He gave us our three sons...
Until we held our grandson, Noah...


 
 
We are so very proud
of our son and "daughter"...
They were both amazing through it all!

 

And yes,
Noah and I have spent every afternoon
sitting in the rocking chair
by the picture window
looking out at the ocean
getting to know each other...


 

Of course, 
we had to let the "point" know 
that our little fellow had arrived!



 "Children are a heritage from the Lord..
Offspring a reward from Him..."
Psalm 127:3

6 comments:

  1. Nana,
    what a beautiful blessing God has given you. I am SO very happy for you all. Sending prayers for baby Noah, Mama and the family.
    Grandchildren are so wonderful.. Mine are all about grown up. Miss the little babies.ha
    Enjoy.. hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Judy...we are so thrilled to finally be grandparents. I know how much you've enjoyed your grandchildren...and how much sewing you've done for them...can't wait to show you what I have made for our little man. Hope you and Gary are well!
      Love and hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Dear Miss Laura,
    What a precious, precious blessing your new little grandson must be! I can only imagine the sheer joy he has brought to your family. Congratulations on the sweetest blessing from the Lord! Children are a heritage from the Lord, indeed... a most blessed heritage♥

    I hope that you and your husband and family are all very well! I wanted to also thank you so very much for bringing such joy to my day with your comment and for your caring heart- thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your most kind words.

    I hope this finds you well on a cozy fall day in Maine where you are :)

    Many blessings and hugs to you!
    Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear one...for such a caring response. We are so incredibly blessed by little Noah...words cannot describe.

      I hope that you and your sweet family enjoyed a blessed Christmas together...and I wish you peace and joy in the coming year!
      Love,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  3. Oh, how sweet! I am SO thankful God has blessed you so much, my friend. I hope you are feeling the comfort of the Holy Spirit right in the midst of your grief through this new little fellow that God has brought into your life. So happy to visit with you tonight! God bless you with a Merry Christmas. I know it will be hard this year, and I hope God will make it special in spite of missing your dear loved one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Cheryl...you are so kind...yes, this has been a difficult year...losing mama...but the Lord knew that this little baby would bring comfort to us.
      God is so good. Praying that you and your family had a most joyous Christmas...and wishing you peace and happiness in the coming year!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...