Thursday, November 5, 2015

Never Too Late...

Another gorgeous November day
on the coast of Maine!


Every Thursday morning...
I  head out down our dirt road
about a half mile...

to Joshua's home...


for my piano lesson!

You see, I've been playing flute 
for quite some time now...

 

But have always wanted to learn piano...

My sweet "daughter-in-love"
has graciously been teaching me...

She is so patient, calm, and encouraging...
And makes learning so much fun!
She is truly helping me prove the old adage...
"It's never too late.."

I bought a second hand keyboard
from Craigslist to practice on...


And someday, hope to find just the right
used piano for our home! (smile!)

As I sit here in the quiet...practicing...
Growing impatient...
Sometimes wanting to give up
because my sweet "daughter" has given me 
a piece of music that challenges me...
 And I can't do it perfectly
right now... 
 

I take a deep breath...
and think about all the wonderful examples
in the Bible...
Where it seemed as though God was taking
too long to perform a miracle..
and folks got impatient...

God promised Abraham that he would
be the "father of many nations..."
but Abraham grew impatient and tried
to accomplish this in his own strength..

Moses was promised to be the leader of Isreal...
Moses took things into his own hands...
And ended up spending 40 years in the desert
waiting for his miracle...

And then there was Martha and Mary...
Who thought it was "too late"...
Their brother, Lazarus, was dead...
Jesus had not come in time...in their time..
But once again we learn that God's timing
is perfect...
As Jesus raises Lazarus from the grave...

My dear friends,
It is "never too late" for God to perform a miracle...

 

Please don't fall into the trap of believing that we
are cut off from our Lord when things are going badly...

Don't imagine for a moment that God doesn't care...
Often times we may think that God didn't 
"show up in time" and that it is "too late..."
And we know that we need a miracle...

Well, if a miracle is what God decides to do...
then trust Him...
He will do it...
It's "never too late" for our Lord...

As we finished up with our lesson today...
I noticed that Kendra had been doing some crafting...

 

I guess in this case...
It's "never too early!"

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; 
trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass..."
Psalm 37:5

8 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to learn how to play piano, maybe I'll have an opportunity someday. Your right God's timing is always right, he is never late

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could find someone to teach you! In His timing, Maryann...in His timing! (smile)
      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. How very sweet that your daughter in love, is teaching you piano lessons.. And love her stockings..
    My daughter is named Kendra.. [we call her Cindy ---her nick name]. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seem to have more and more in common, dear Judy! I know, don't you just love those! She is so crafty...the burlap was left over from their wedding...so adorable!!!
      Hope all is well with you and Kenny...
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Isn't it a comforting lesson to know that God's timing is not ours! Sometimes it helps to be often reminded! I think it is awesome that your daughter-in-love is teaching you the piano! It does take a lot of discipline, as we had both our kids in piano lessons. Our daughter still fills the house with her beautiful piano music, and our son now plays the guitar. It is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are soooo right! Practice, practice, practice! I am so blessed that she is so patient! She and my son play at church almost every week...my son plays guitar also!
      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. How inspiring! Lovely post and thank you for the hope that I can still learn to play the piano (smiles) one day! So glad to have you join in on the Art of Home-Making Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by to visit! If I can do it...you certainly can! Have a blessed day!

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...