As parents of the bridegroom
it is traditionally our responsibility
to host the rehearsal dinner...
Our son and his lovely bride-to-be wanted
something very homey and comfortable...
So we pitched a tent in our backyard...
And in keeping with the "vintage country"
theme of the wedding...
We decorated and set up tables to hold as many
folks as wanted to come and share in our joy with us!
I wish that this picture had been more clear...
The old window hanging to the left displayed
the "pot luck/picnic" style menu...
At the other end of the tent were hay bales
with rustic metal tubs which held ice water
and locally made bottled soda and juices...
Really folks...it couldn't have been more "homey"...
Notice in my haste to prepare...
I left the day's laundry hanging on the line! (smile)
We even had the sweet couple
rehearse the "cutting of the cake!"
Wedding rehearsal...
We know, as Christians,
that earthly marriage is but a rehearsal,
albeit an imperfect one at that,
for the great marriage to come...
our union with our Lord Jesus Christ
as His bride...
We should strive to make our earthly marriages
a reflection of this heavenly marriage...
When we examine marriage through the scriptures
we learn, as believers,
how our relationship with Jesus is suppose to be...
And, in turn, through biblical teaching
we learn how to relate to our spouses
and everyone, in fact,
with kindness, forgiveness, and grace...
Remember back at the beginning of this post...
When I told you that my son wanted something
comfortable and homey???
Well, how many rehearsal dinners
have you been to that have had
"skeet shooting" on the agenda???
You may have noticed in the picture
of the wedding party above
the sweet couple are holding a sign
with the number "one" on it...
I had the best time counting down
the days from the first of May
with this sign and a corny saying...
Here are a few examples...
Tulips are red...
Hydrangea are blue...
One week from today...
They'll say "I do"...
Hydrangea are blue...
One week from today...
They'll say "I do"...
One door closes...
Another one opens...
Another one opens...
We are getting really "egg"cited!!!
And perhaps the most special of messages...
which I will save for another post...
Only 6 days to go...
And who could have guessed...
The countdown lives on...
Joanna said, "Yes!"
And who could have guessed...
The countdown lives on...
Joanna said, "Yes!"
Yes, it's true, ladies...
We get to do this all over again
next summer!!!
"And if one prevail against him,
two shall withstand him;
and a threefold cord is not quickly broken. .."
Ecclesiastes 4:12








Beautiful Laura....
ReplyDeleteThank you, Renee...it was such a blessed afternoon!
DeleteLove,
Laura
Looks like a comfortable, lovely time for all!
ReplyDeleteWe had such a relaxed, enjoyable time! In fact, the whole wedding turned out that way! Such a lovely and blessed occasion!
DeleteLove,
Laura
What a wonderful rehhersal dinner.. Skeet shooting and all.
ReplyDeleteSo...your other son got engaged too? congrats to both your kids..So happy for them.. May God bless each of you.
I know, Judy...we just finished one and need to start planning for the next! (smile)...we feel so blessed...both young ladies are such joys to us...we've prayed many years for this...now...just one more to go...I just know that special lady is out there somewhere! :)
DeleteLove,
Laura