Can ever keep us from celebrating!!!
![]() |
| About 2 inch layer of ice on our lighthouse... |
Despite the artic temps...
And the threat of another
18 inch snowstorm...
Nothing could stop us from
celebrating with mom yesterday...
The Birthday Gal!
92 years young...
Still making wishes...
So happy that we would
brave the weather...
She adored the knitted hat I made
and wanted to model it for us!
She loves ice cream cakes...
This was my first attempt at
making a homemade one!
How blessed we are
to have her in our lives...
And how grateful we are
that they are in their "new"
sweet little cottage...
God is so good...
Happy Birthday, Mama!
We love you so!



Happy, Happy birthday to your sweet mom..[I am so proud they are happy in their new little home.. God is good!]
ReplyDeleteI am also so excited that you got to share the special birthday with them.
The photos are beautiful.. But , I know it is so cold.. Try to stay warm and may God bless you and your family this day and each day. Hugs
Hello dear Judy!
DeleteYes, we are blessed to still have both mom and dad with us...and blessed that they sold their big home before this hard winter! They are really enjoying their little cottage...just perfect for them!
Hugs and much love♥
Laura
Happy 92nd birthday to your sweet mother, Laura! How fortunate you are to have her that long. I'm glad she modeled the hat you made her. It's beautiful. Enjoy your day and hope you are keeping warm!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Thank you, Kathy! We are so blessed to have both of them still with us..and so glad that they are enjoying their new little cottage. She loved the hat...just perfect for this snowy winter!
DeleteHugs!
Laura ♥
Truly a blessing to still have her.
ReplyDeleteIt surely is! We cherish each day, Trish...
DeleteLove,
Laura
Oh, your sweet mama...bless her heart.♥ I'm glad she had a good birthday.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure your ice cream cake was yummy! I love ice cream cakes,but I've never tried to make one. Lee made Katie's cake this year. I shared his picture on Facebook. I thought that was sweet of him.
I'm glad your parents are getting settled in to their new place.
I'm sure you must be looking forward to Spring now. We've had a pretty mild winter (so far)!
Love you, sweet friend. Have a great week. hugs♥
Dear Melanie,
DeleteWe are so happy to be celebrating another year with my parents...in their new little cottage. It couldn't have happened at a better time...what with this very snowy and cold winter. The Lord always knows the perfect time for everything!
Hope all is well with you and your sweet family!
Love and hugs ♥
Laura
What a blessing to still have your mom with you. Enjoy each day!
ReplyDeleteGod bless,
Anne♥
Thank you, Anne, we do! They are both such a blessing to us!
DeleteHave a blessed day yourself!
With love,
Laura ♥
Belated birthday wishes to your mother.
ReplyDeleteI guess you didn't have to worry about melting ice cream while transporting the ice cream cake :)
Ha, ha Rhonda! No...melting ice cream cake was definitely not an issue! This has been the snowiest and coldest winter we have had in a very long time!
DeleteSweet blessings!
Laura ♥
What a sweet post about your Mama! Happy belated birthday to her. :) I meant to mention that my sister and her family used to live in Maine...near Portland. Now, they are in Southern California. This winter I think she has been a little smug about it all. Hugs, Camille
DeleteHello Camille,
DeletePortland is about 2 hours south of us...we call it "the big city!" ☺ Maine to California...boy, that certainly is a big change!
Look forward to visiting your blog again soon...
Sweet blessings,
Laura
So, so sweet!!! This post made me smile! Happy (belated) birthday to your mom!!
ReplyDelete