Thursday, February 5, 2015

Plowing Through...


This was our harbor two days ago...

Since then we've had another 8 inch storm...


Who could have ever imagined...


Mid January the ground was bare...


Three weeks and 
two blizzards later...
 
 
Upwards of three feet of snow on the ground...


What an incredible blessing it is
to have a truck with a snow plow...


Unfortunately, right in the middle of
 the first big storm...


the motor on the plow stopped working
for no apparent reason...


I watched in amazement as calmly...
Samuel took it all apart...


And "plowed through" each piece
until he figured out what was wrong...
 
 
 As I watched him work...
I was reminded of how our Lord encourages us
to "plow through" those hard times...

 
 "But you, take courage!
 Do not let your hands be weak, 
for your work shall be rewarded.” 
2 Chronicles 15:7 
 
Remembering that He is always
with us...
 
 
"And let us not grow weary of doing good,
 for in due season we will reap, 
if we do not give up..."
Galatians 6: 9
 
That we should "plow through"
each trial and tribulation
with joy...
 
 
Because there is peace in knowing
that our Lord is always in control...
 
  
"Have I not commanded you?
 Be strong and courageous. 
Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, 
for the Lord your God is with you 
wherever you go.” 
Joshua 1:9

10 comments:

  1. I heard Maine had alot of snow and I thought of you. We had almost 14 inches Saturday night into Sunday. My husband plowed through it too! Glad you all are safe. I think we've had enough of winter this year! I'm ready for spring!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kathy...sounds like you've been hit with a lot of snow too! I love the snow... it is so beautiful... but I worry about those who have to be out on the roads. I will admit...I am looking forward to spring this year...especially since we have a wedding coming up!
      Love and hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. What a great post! Thanks so much for the uplifting verses. They meant a lot to me as it's been a challenging week for me and my family. Stay warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that you have been facing some challenges, dear friend!
      You are always in my prayers...stay warm!
      With love, hugs, and prayers,
      ♥Laura♥

      Delete
  3. Wow, look at all of that glorious snow! We have been having Spring-like weather here in the mountains {which is quite unusual} and most of our snow has melted. I am hoping we get some snow soon.

    Beautiful post, dear Laura. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Stephanie!
      This has certainly been the snowiest winter in a very long time! It is beautiful though...and gives us something to look at while we wait anxiously for spring!
      Love and hugs,
      Laura ♥

      Delete
  4. Hi Laura,
    the snow is beautiful.. But.. I too worry about people who have to get out and it is dangerous..
    We have had no snow... some cold temps.... My grandkids are REALLY wanting some to get out of school.ha.. We normally get 3-4 small snows a year..but none so far.ha
    Praying for each of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy,
      We have had so many snow days that the schools are considering lengthening the remaining days to make up the time. We got another 4 inches last night...what a cold winter!
      Love and prayers,
      Laura ♥

      Delete
  5. It is what keeps me going daily. Knowing that He is in complete control! mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, dear Maria...
      Hope all is well with you and your sweet family...
      With love and prayers,
      Laura ♥

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...