Dear sweet friends...
Another six inches of snow...
I'm fearing that I may never
be able to use my clothesline again!
♥ smile ♥
♥ smile ♥
On wintery days like these
I am so thankful that
I have my handiwork to
keep me busy...
For, you see...
It is not only white outside...
But also inside!
My dear sweet soon-to-be
daughter-in-love...
Has asked me if it would be possible
to "refashion" her mama's wedding dress...
She had found her "dream dress" online...
But several thousand dollars was just
a bit out of her price range!
♥ another smile! ♥
And she so wanted to incorporate
her mama's dress into her wedding dress...
So...
With my trusty seam ripper in hand...
Off came the sleeves
and the shoulder bows...
Then I removed the skirt
from the bodice...
We want to incorporate
much of the bodice...
So before doing anything else...
So before doing anything else...
I need to "refasten"
some loose beads..But right now I'm taking a bit
of a sewing break...
And getting some fresh air
with Samuel in the plow truck!
It's always fun to ride "shotgun!" ♥
Took a little spin down to the "port"!
Not many fishing boats going out today!
Boy, that water looks cold!
So thankful for the many blessings...
a toasty home...
a sweet family...
beautiful surroundings...
a loving Saviour...
A World of White...
"though your sins be as scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow..."
Isaiah 1:18

Thank you so much, Teri! You are such a good friend...thanks for all your offers of helping me with the new blog set-up! I look forward to the day when I can hang my sheets out again! Don't think it will be this Saturday!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Laura ♥
Laura, what beautiful photos.. The snow is so pretty.. and the wedding dress is going to be gorgeous.. [ I hate redoing things.. eeeeh , what a job you have.. You are a very sweet mom in law to be.]
ReplyDeletewe are getting snow/ice tonight...I am longing for spring.ha
Good Morning Judy!
DeleteI hope that you don't get too much snow tonight...it is definitely time for spring! I've usually don't like to redo things either...but this is different...when I finish I'm starting the bridesmaid dresses...they won't be redoes!
Love and hugs,
Laura ♥
Hello sweet Laura! It was such a pleasure to read your comment on my blog - thank you so much for stopping in for a visit :)
ReplyDeleteYour snow pictures are beautiful - I hope you are staying warm. And how wonderful that you are working on the wedding dress of your soon-to-be daughter-in-love. I can't wait to see it when it's all finished.
Enjoy your day, dear Laura. Love and hugs to you!
Hello dear Stephanie! It is so nice to have you stop by for a visit...your tutorials on your blog today had me thinking of spring...despite all the snow we have! I have to admit...I'm a bit nervous about the wedding dress...I've never done this before...so hopefully all will turn out well!
DeleteHave a blessed day, dear friend!
Laura ♥
I think my clothes line is history too!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet of you to remake your DIL-to-be wedding dress. My youngest daughter altered mine a little and was married in it. I know it is special to your soon to be DIL. :-)
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos.
Enjoy your day! ♥
So nice to have you stop by for a visit, Anne! I do feel blessed to be able to do this for my son and my new "daughter"...and I love to sew!
DeleteHave a blessed evening,
Laura ♥
What a blessing you are to your soon to be daughter in love, I'm sure the dress will be beautiful. We are getting a bit weary of the snow...and we haven't had anything like y'all have had in Maine. Your photos are lovely, hope you'll be using that clothesline soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a visit, Maryann! I have to admit...I am getting a bit "tired" of all this snow...but I guess it just makes me appreciate spring even more! (smile).
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura ♥
Thank you for stopping by at *my place* the other day for a visit. It's lovely to *meet* you. :) All that snow!! It's been a crazy winter this year, hasn't it? The east has been hit so hard while it's been so mild for us here in the west! I won't tell you what I plan to do with my clothesline today. You are one brave and talented lady to be able to refashion a wedding dress!! What a blessing you are to your daughter-in-love to be. I am sure you will do a lovely job. Many Blessings, Camille
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have you stop by for a visit, Camille! I just love your blog! I actually was able to see all the lines on my clothesline today! I was so excited! Won't be able to hang anything on them for awhile...but anything is an improvement! ☺
DeleteHope you have a blessed Sunday!
With love,
Laura
lovely blog! thanks for sharing...
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a little visit...and your kind comment!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
What a sweet project! I am sure the dress will look beautiful, and full of precious memories. : )
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sarah...I feel so blessed that she asked me to do it! Hope you are doing well with your precious little one...
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
Oh wow! I can't wait to see the finished product - what a wonderful task to undertake! And I love your snowy pictures... we have had a VERY mild winter here, no snow since January - think you guys got all the snow we needed, smile! Blessings to you today :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by! We are finally beginning to see some major melting action...I can actually see the top of my clothesline now! ☺ I have the feeling that April will be a very sunny month!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
What a lovely post of white! From snow to a lovely gown! How special that you are able to help your daughter in love this way! What a blessed beginning :) Thank you for sharing with us on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! I will be following along...
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you so much for stopping by for a visit! I really love your blog...so many wonderful stories shared!
DeleteSweet blessings to you!
Laura
It's beautiful looking at all the snow photos. Looks like your close to my house. Beautiful blog!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for stopping by for a visit! Most of our snow has finally melted...although we do still have some large piles here and there from all the plowing this winter!
DeleteHave a blessed day!
Laura
Oh Laura...that is just so exciting! I had to do quite a bit of beading last winter to a wedding dress...my fingers still remember ;D mari
ReplyDeleteDear Maria,
DeleteI just love hand sewing...it is so relaxing...especially when you are doing it for someone you love! Great time to pray for them...
Love,
Laura
I am smiling right now to get the time to catch up on your lovely blog!! Miss Laura, you are such a blessing to know through your blog and I have missed reading your words while I have been busy with school and not attentive to reading my blogging friends updates like I wish. This was so beautiful to read through- how special to get to work with your soon to be daughter-in-love on making her wedding dress from her mama's! Will we get to see the finished product? :) And that snow looks just heavenly. I heard today that there are quite a few states around the country that are having snow even now that we're in May! It is neat to see a white Spring happening in different places. I know you wrote this about two months ago, but your snow is lovely and so purely beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you always.
And I hope you had a most wonderful mother's day!!
Blessings and hugs,
Jazzmin
Beautiful!!! God's creation is so amazing! Thank you so much for sharing Mrs. Laura!
ReplyDeleteP.S Not sure if my other comments came through...I really appreciate your comments you leave on my blog, it is such an encouragement to me!