Thursday, October 23, 2014

He Made The Storm Be Still...


 "Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
    and he delivered them from their distress. 
 He made the storm be still,
    and the waves of the sea were hushed.
 Then they were glad that the waters were quiet,
    and he brought them to their desired haven..."
Psalm 107: 28-30 
 
 
The weatherman predicted heavy rains
for three days...
Tuesday evening through Friday.
 
 
We haven't had a storm in quite a while...
And the rain was much needed...
 
 
Funny how "storms" can sometimes
 catch us off guard though...
 
 
As we prepared our home for the 
heavy rains and driving winds...
I never expected another "storm" to be brewing...
 
 
Dear friends...
Please hold my sister, Nancy,
up in your prayers this morning...
She was taken to the hospital Tuesday night...
And is undergoing heart surgery this morning...
 
 
Please pray that the Lord
will make this "storm" be still...
 
 
  "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, 
and the Lord shall raise him up..."
James 5:15


11 comments:

  1. Praying for your sister, my sweet friend!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laura, I am praying for your sweet sister. My husband had quadruple by-pass surgery in August of 2012 when he was 61. He was home in 5 days. It's amazing what these doctors can do. Know that others are praying for you and her.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy...you are always so sweet...thank you for your prayers...

      Delete
  3. Oh Laura...these storms may come with very high winds...but He has the power to calm them ~ both outside and inside of you. My prayers are with you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Maria...thank you for your sweet prayers...

      Delete
  4. Hello Laura! I have just read this post and realize your sister has already had the surgery - how did it go? She will be in my prayers as she recovers.

    Your pictures are so beautiful and I greatly appreciate the words you shared. Happy weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Stephanie...for your concern and prayers...she continues to have tests...still not sure just what is wrong...

      Delete
  5. Prayers for your sister.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've enjoyed your blog...look forward to reading some more when I get a minute...
      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much, dear Teri...I've missed you...I'll stop by soon!
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...