Saturday, November 1, 2014

Winter's Footsteps...

 Yesterday...
As I walked this chilly 
last-day-of-October morning..
and listened to the leaves fall...


 I remembered reading somewhere
a long time ago...
That the sound of falling leaves
are winter's footsteps...


This morning...I can believe it...
with temps. in the low 30s 
and the possibility of snow
in the forecast for Sunday...


Poor Joshua...
He's down at the salt pond
digging "seed" clams this chilly mornin'


This past Saturday...
While the men worked on
patching rust spots on Daniel's car...
Joanna and I had a lovely time together
making "pumpkin candies"...

These no-bake treats are so easy!
Thought I'd share the recipe with you
this chilly fall morning...

Use red koolaid instead and make apples!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup soft butter
1/3 cup light corn syrup
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. orange flavor koolaid
1/2 cup granulated sugar
mini pretzel sticks
a small amount of green frosting for leaves
(I just mixed some powdered sugar
 and milk together)

Combine butter and corn syrup together in a small bowl. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and koolaid and mix with beater. Stir in another cup of powdered sugar. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on a cutting board and knead mixture until smooth. Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar. Flatten gently with a fork. Gently press one pretzel stick into the top of the pumpkin while pressing up the bottom with a second pretzel stick. Repeat for all candies. Add a dab of green frosting for a leaf.
Let candies stand, uncovered, overnight and then store in a container.

 
 "and let them be for signs and for seasons..."
Genesis 1:14

and let them be for signs and for seasons
and let them be for signs and for seasons
and let them be for signs and for seasons
and let them be for signs and for seasons
and let them be for signs and for seasons

8 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so beautiful - in words and photos. Your no-bake treats are adorable and look quite tasty! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I will have to make some with my son :)

    Hugs and blessings to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Stephanie. The treats are tasty...but with all that sugar...only for special occasions!
      Have a blessed weekend, sweet friend!

      Delete
  2. "the sound of falling leaves ~ winter's footsteps" ~ I really like that. ☺
    Thanks for the recipe!
    Blessings,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcomed, Anne! I love this quote, too!
      Sweet blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Laura, You live in such a pretty area. Those are the cutest candies! It is even cold/windy in Georgia! This is Mildred, Blackberry Lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Mildred! We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful spot...always thankful for God's blessings.
      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. I love the winter but ours are very mild,so wish I could experience a real snow winter.. love your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Karen! We do have some "big winters" here on occasion...last year was one of those kind...don't know what we are in store for this year. Always beautiful...but makes us so appreciate the spring!
      Have a blessed day!
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...