Monday, October 13, 2014

A Time of Harvest...

Today was the perfect fall day...


to harvest our potatoes.


Plenty of warm sunshine...
Just a slight sea breeze...
And plenty of assistance
from my "ladies"...


All that is left to do now
is to add some compost from
our mulch pile...
And some leaves and seaweed
that we mow over with the lawnmower...


 And the garden is ready for bed...
Until spring.

The Lord gives us such a wonderful example
of our spiritual life
in a garden...

He teaches us the value of patience...
And hard work...
And nurturing...
And relying on Him...

And then,
In His time,
He blesses us abundantly.
"Let us not become weary in doing good,
 for at the proper time
 we will reap a harvest 
if we do not give up..."
Galatians 6:9


10 comments:

  1. Lovely, my friend...
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Billie Jo! It is always a treat to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. This post made me smile so, in joy for you at your wonderful harvest! And in the beautiful illustration of how a garden is a reflection of waiting on the Lord and trusting in His timing. I cannot tell you what a blessing it is to read this and to think of such a wonderful thing as a garden in reference to our walk in faith. How beautifully written.

    I enjoyed your photos also, especially of your little helpers.

    Love and hugs to you and wishing you a wonderful week ahead!! :)
    ~Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear sweet Miss Jazzmin...thank you so much for your comments...you always make me smile! I hope that you and your family are having a wonderful fall!
      Hugs,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  3. Hello, sweet friend! What a bountiful harvest of potatoes - what a blessing!

    Thank you, dear Laura, for the words of wisdom. Hugs and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always so good to hear from you, dear Stephanie. God is so good...and His blessings are continuously amazing...
      Hugs to you!
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Oh what a delightful storage bin! I just returned from Amish Country and they just finished their potatoes also... quite delicious! Blessings to you dear Lady :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad made this bin for me many years ago, dear Maria...he has made so many wonderful gifts for us.
      Sweet blessings to you, dear friend!
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog to say hello! I haven't blogged much lately so I'm kind of late on checking my comments. : ( We are doing well. I hope you are doing great!

    Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Miss Jennifer! Hope you are all doing well! Thank you for stopping by!
      Hugs,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...