This time of year seems to bring out
some interesting critters...
My brother had a bear
in his backyard the other morning...
He had suspected that there was one
in the area...
His bird feeder had been "ripped" off
the metal pole and mangled...
Although she was beautiful...
My brother was nervous because
his grandchildren love to play in the backyard...
On Saturday,
My husband called me outside
to see this lovely creature
crawling on our barn...
She was HUGE!
Although I am not usually frightened of spiders...
This one did cause me to "take a step back..."
If we are truly honest...
We all have things or situations
that cause us to fear...
For me...
It is that phone call in the middle of the night...
For I fear that it will bring "bad news..."
But in these circumstances...
We simply need to turn to our Lord...
for His Word is full of wisdom about "fear..."
“Do not fear,
for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you,
for I am your God..."
Isaiah 41:10
“I sought the LORD,
and he heard me,
and delivered me from all my fears”
.Psalm 34:4
“In God I trust;
I will not be afraid..."
Psalm 56:11
Once we have put our trust in the Lord
we no longer need to fear those things
that come up against us...
We will be like the psalmist who said...
“…let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name
may rejoice in you...”
Psalm 5:11
“I sought the LORD,
and he heard me,
and delivered me from all my fears”
.Psalm 34:4
“In God I trust;
I will not be afraid..."
Psalm 56:11
Once we have put our trust in the Lord
we no longer need to fear those things
that come up against us...
We will be like the psalmist who said...
“…let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name
may rejoice in you...”
Psalm 5:11





I have a spider like this in my tomato cage. I just tell her not to bother me and then pick the tomatoes. I like to feed grasshoppers to spiders like this one. They wrap the grasshopper quick as a wink. Bears ~ now there's something I'd be terrified of!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on this one, Charlotte! We were just saying at dinner last night...in all the years we've lived in the woods...we've never had a bear around the house (that we know of, that is!). Lots of deer, moose, and assorted other critters...but no bears! The funny thing is...my brother lives right in the middle of town! Go figure!
DeleteHave a lovely day!
Hugs,
Laura
Laura, that fearful spider is just a common garden spider! They ARE large and scary- especially to people like me who are scared of spiders! They are useful though in eating bugs on the plants and I've never known one to bite. We used to have tons of them everywhere in the garden but I have only seen 1 this year and I'm sad, believe it or not. I think the pesticides they use on the fields are killing them. So sad. Hope you have a nice day.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Good morning, Kathy! Thanks for the info. about this spider...in all the years we've had gardens...I don't think I've ever seen one before! It was HUGE...but really beautiful up close.
DeleteHope you have a nice day as well, dear friend!
Hugs,
Laura
What a reassuring post! It's just what I needed to hear as we had some rather bad news yesterday and this morning my heart is heavy. Thanks so much for the uplifting Bible verses-I'll carry them with me today.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they are just common in Illinois and the midwest. I am 63 and there were lots of them everywhere during my growing up years on our farm.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy
Hello, sweet Laura! Oh my, that spider is quite large and...creepy. I am not much of a spider gal :)
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing the bear picture and it reminded me of the many bears that would "visit" my parents home when I lived with them before I got married.
I truly appreciated your message here today and the Scripture verses you shared - my heart was blessed.
October blesssings to you! Hugs
HI Laura,
ReplyDeleteOh the bear..so pretty, but I must admit...If I saw a bear in my back yard, I would run.lol Not too fond of spider either.
Yes ,our sweet Lord teaches us that we are not to fear , but know He will be with us.. Isn't it a blessing to know that He loves us and takes care of us..
Hugs my friend.
We used to gave those spiders in Florida where I lived before getting married. Some of them were huge!! I don't mind spiders outside, but please not in the house! :)
ReplyDelete