Friday, October 10, 2014

"Berry" Blessed, Indeed!

I just love all the rich majestic colors
of Autumn...


This fall we have been blessed
with an abundance 
of brightly colored berries...

As I was decorating the signpost
at the end of our driveway
with pumpkins, cornstalks, and such...
I decided to make a garland of berries
to drape at the top...

This is quite easy to do...
You need...


a bagful  of berries!


Scissors, wreath wire, and jute twine.

Taking one or two sprigs of berries
at a time...
Lay them against the jute
and wrap the wire around the springs
two or three times...


Continue in this manner 
until you have the length you desire...


It really is quite easy to do...
And takes very little time...
I think I did this in about 30 minutes or so...


I just nailed a few little nails
into the signpost and draped the garland on...


Then I shelled out one of our pumpkins
and filled it with some flowers from our garden...


We are "berry" blessed, indeed!
"He had made everything beautiful
 in its time."
 Ecclesiastes 3:11
 

14 comments:

  1. This is charming, my friend!!!!!
    I too adore everything about this season.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Billie Jo! The only thing I don't like about fall...it goes by much too quickly! :)

      Have a blessed day!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Looks absolutely stunning, I love all the pictures we just don't get the same Autumn colours that you do, different trees I suppose. Loved this blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen! The colors are so beautiful...I just love Autumn!
      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Laura...it is just beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maria! Hope you and your family are doing well...I think of you often.

      With love and prayers,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Sooooo pretty.. I love fall and all the beautiful colors.
    Love your berry vine. Would be great for Holly branches/berries to make a Christmas one.
    Have a great fall season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Judy! Yes, I have done this during the Christmas season as well. We get a lot of holly berries around here...if the deer don't find them first! :)

      Praying for Callie...hope all is going well...
      Love and hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. As I have said before, Laura, you are SO crafty!! Everything looks lovely and so fallish. I have my porch decorated too for fall. I grow good-sized pumpkins and they are sitting all over my porch with an old antique milkcan that was my father and grandfathers that is filled with cornstalks from our farm. I have some silk fall flowers in it as well with a raffia bow tied on it. I just love my porch decorated for fall! Have a lovely fall in your beautiful home.
    God bless, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kathy...your decorations sound lovely! I just love the colors of fall...so rich and beautiful.

      Hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend!
      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  6. He most certainly has made everything beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to have you stop by for a visit...and you are certainly right...God is the ultimate artist!

      Delete
  7. Your decorations are so pretty, Laura! I really like the berries.♥ I have put a few things out for fall, but things here have been so busy I haven't had the time to do as much decorating as I'd like. I hope you're doing well, my sweet friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you, dear friend...and I'm afraid I have been a terrible friend! I haven't been writing or responding much lately...hope all is well with Miss Katie and her surgery. I'll write soon!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...