My dear friend, Judy,
from Sew Blessed Maw
asked in a recent comment
whether or not our garden
had "gone by"...
![]() |
| Just a few more weeks for the potatoes... |
So...
I thought I'd share some photos
I took this morning before picking beans...
![]() |
| We "square foot" garden in our front beds... |
I love to hum this hymn while
working in my garden...
![]() |
| Our pumpkin patch! |
It was my husband's mama's favorite hymn...
She went home to be with the Lord
15 years ago this week...
![]() |
| My greenhouse...a precious gift from "my men!" |
"I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses."
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses."
"And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known."
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known."
In The Garden by C. Austin Miles
![]() |
| We have cherry tomatoes in the greenhouse... |
We miss you every day, Mumsie...
and look forward to seeing you again!
"And they heard the sound of the Lord God
walking in the garden..."
Genesis 3:8a








Oh, Laura, "In the Garden" has always been one of my favorite hymns. Sadly, because it's older it isn't always in the newer hymnals. I just love being in our vegetable and flower gardens. God and Jesus are always there. After all, life began in a garden!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy
It is such a beautiful hymn, Kathy...and holds such sweet and dear memories for all of us here. Yesterday, we had a precious lady visit...she sang one of the real old hymns and played her accordian...such a blessing!
DeleteHave a lovely day, dear friend!
Laura
Laura,
ReplyDeleteYour garden looks beautiful!! Truly a blessing from the LORD. "In the Garden" has always been one of my favorite hymns.
-Sarah
Thank you so much, sweet Sarah! I'm finding that this hymn has touched so many people...such powerful words of love.
DeleteI'm praying for you daily...and hope that you are continuing to feel well!
Hugs,
Laura
What beautiful gardens.. So well kept.. Love your green house too..
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful song.. Isn't it wonderful to know that ,
He walks with us and talks with us.. Just fantastic!!!
Oh, Judy...thanks so much. I just love my little greenhouse. The "boys" built it for me quite a few years ago...and we've had to recover it several times...but it is such a blessing. Preston has often talked about having several "large" greenhouses to grow crops to sell...perhaps someday!
DeleteLove you!
Laura