Thursday, July 24, 2014

"Berry" Thankful!

Just before the storm clouds rolled in
last evening...


My sweetheart and I picked all these 
luscious raspberries...


From a tiny patch growing
in our backyard...


There will be just as many to
pick tomorrow after the rain...

The view from our back porch...

We are "berry" blessed indeed!

"Then I will give you rain in due season, 
and the land shall yield her increase, 
and the trees of the field
 shall yield their fruit..."
Leviticus 26:4

12 comments:

  1. They are beautiful!!!!
    Perfect for sprinkling on cereal. : )
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Billie Jo! I just love berries on granola...or in a smoothie. Raspberries are my favorite. This little patch seemd to spring up "overnight!' What a treat for us!
      Have a wonderful weekend, my dear!
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Oh so pretty and I know they surely do taste wonderful! We have blueberries. I love fruit on my cereal too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blueberry season here in Maine doesn't begin for another few weeks...but it is a very popular berry in Maine. We even have a blueberry festival and a blueberry queen and everything!

      Delete
  3. beautiful raspberries. my raspberries begin to ripen,too.
    we have a few blueberries and many black berries.
    have a nice restweek,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Regina! We won't have blackberries until the end of August...but they grow wild around here (and really big, too!) I love them with cream and a little sugar! (an old favorite of my nana's!)
      Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Mmm... I can almost taste their sweet juicy flavor - they look so good :)

    Thinking of you, dear friend. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, dear Stephanie! We just love raspberries...I already have 5 quarts frozen, not to mention the ones we've eaten...just from this one little patch! Such a blessing!
      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Those look quite delicious! And when they're from your own garden they taste that much sweeter :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy...we are still picking and freezing them! I can hardly believe it...over a month now! I have about 15 quarts in the freezer...such a blessing!
      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  6. I love storms! I enjoyed seeing the pictures, and the berries look so yummy! Do you make raspberry jam with them? My family and I used to have a large raspberry patch on the property where we lived and picked large quantities of them, most of them were eaten! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Amy,
      We had such a lovely crop of raspberries this year...a total surprise from such a small patch! I ended up with about 20 quarts in the freezer...not to mention the fresh ones we ate! I do make raspberry jam...along with many other yummy raspberry recipes! I love them fresh picked! Next summer, we are going to increase the rows so that we will have more.

      Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!
      Hugs and blessings,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...