Earlier this spring,
I was almost certain that the harsh winter
had taken this little rosebush...
What a joy to discover the sweet fragrance
and beautiful blossom
as I awoke this morning...
This certainly has been the week
for roses...
I made this little cosmetic bag
out of some sweet vintage rose print.
for a lovely little "rose..."
I got to experiment with my "new"
embroidery machine...
And thanks to my dear friend, Judy,
I have some colorful thread to practice with!
(More on this in another post!)
I made this little cosmetic bag
out of some sweet vintage rose print.
for a lovely little "rose..."
I got to experiment with my "new"
embroidery machine...
And thanks to my dear friend, Judy,
I have some colorful thread to practice with!
(More on this in another post!)
I filled it with some "goodies"
that I know she will just love...
When I walk our dirt road in the morning
I am surrounded by the incredible scent
of wild roses which are now in bloom...
So delicate, so fragrant,
so beautiful...
This morning as I walked
my mind drifted back to that famous
quote from Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"
which I had read many year's ago...
"What's in a name?
That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet..."





Lovely!
ReplyDeleteRose is my Peyton's middle name...
As well as the name I chose for my own Confirmation. : )
Have a wonderful week...
Hello Billie Jo!
DeleteAlways so nice to have you stop by for a little visit! Rose is such a sweet name...and the fragrance of roses...among my favorite! Hope you have a wonderful week as well, sweet lady!
Such a sweet post, Laura!! We have lovely and fragrant wild prairie roses along our farmland ditches and when my husband and I walk our dog Annie in the late spring and early summer we see and smell them. Laura Ingalls Wilder named her daughter Rose after the wild prairie rose. I also am glad God thinks I am His rose!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Hello Kathy!
DeleteI, too, just love the smell of wild roses! They are just so lovely...and we have so many around here this time of year.
Hope all is well with you!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
I love the wild roses.. Nothing smells so good.. What a cute bag you made.. Love that fabric.. [I have some too, made a curtain from it.. great minds think alike,ha]
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great job with your embroidering..yea.
Oh, Judy...I've been meaning to write...I still have so many questions...but just haven't had any time to really "dig" into my machine yet! So much is happening around here...I'll fill you in soon!
DeleteLove,
Laura
Hello, sweet friend! Was just thinking of you and thought I'd stop by. :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little bag...very pretty fabric. Your rose is so pretty...I love the color!
I know I've said it before, but you are blessed with beautiful views!
hugs♥
Dearest Melanie...
DeleteI have missed you, friend...and was just thinking of you the other day. I haven't been much for writing or blogging this year...so much happening.
I miss our friendship...I'll write soon!
Love,
Laura