Friday, June 6, 2014

Falling Blossoms...

We have the most beautiful tree in our yard...
A flowering cherry...

Every spring,
when it blossoms,
my husband always remarks...

"I wish that tree would stay like that
all summer long..."

We recently had 2 days of showers...
This morning when I went for a walk
I found this...


A carpet of pretty pink petals...
It reminded me of a wedding
when the flower girl sprinkles the petals
down the aisle...

I knew that my husband would be a bit sad
when he came home today...
To see all the pretty blossoms almost gone...


for the blossoms are simply gorgeous...
and pink (my favorite girly color)!

I watched for other blossoms as I walked...


I was amazed at all the 
wild strawberries this year...
and wondered if I would get to pick any before
my "deer" friends have their feast!
 
 

The wild crab apple trees 
just beginning to blossom...
Can't wait for crab apple jelly this fall!

As I walked...
I thought about those falling blossoms...
And how sad we are to see them go...

Much in the same way 
that we think about our own beauty
or youth...

But, you know, 
After the blossom...
Comes the fruit...
The purpose of the tree.

Betcha didn't know that lobster buoys grow on trees!

And so,
the Lord ever so gently reminded me...
As I watched a lobsterman haul in his trap...


To concentrate on my "fruit"
not my "blossom"...

For that is where the true
"beauty" is...


"The grass withereth, 
the flower fadeth: 
but the word of our God shall stand for ever..."
Isaiah 40:8

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! The same thing happened with our crab apple tree, all of the lovely blossoms were scattered to the ground by a wind storm. But they were pretty while they lasted. : )

    May you have a blessed day!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah...I just love spring especially for this reason! Everything here seems just a bit late this year...but, no matter, we still love it whenever it gets here! Hope you are feeling well...praying for you daily.
      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. So well said Laura..
    Sometimes we are so focused on the blooms, that we forget the fruit.. God is awsome, He sends us messages , all around us..if only we stop to enjoy His beauty and His loving word.. Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you, girlfriend! Hope all is well with you and Kenny...can't wait to take a minute to see what you've been sowing (sewing)!
      Love and prayers,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!
    Both in photos and in words, : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billie Jo...we really are blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the country.

      Sweet blessing,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Hi, Laura~
    So good to see your post. I've missed you!
    Thanks for stopping by to visit. Yes, it would be nice to share the swing with you. :-)
    What a pretty tree you have! Our flowering cherry has already bloomed for the year. I say the same thing your husband does. It's sad that it only blooms for such a short time.
    We've had a few strawberries, but the slugs love them too. Ugh!
    Some crab apple jelly sounds yummy!
    You have such beautiful views there! You're truly blessed, my sweet friend!
    I hope things are all well there with you and your family. hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning, dear Friend!
      So good to hear from you...seems like it has been such a long time since I've had a minute to blog. Hope all is well with you and yours...I know you must be getting very excited about the end of the school year! Miss Katie is growing up so quickly...and such a lovely young lady! You are truly blessed.

      I did see the photo of your cherry tree...so beautiful! Today is a gorgeous day here...hope to spend most of it in the garden. Wish I could stop by for a swing, though! :)

      Have a lovely weekend, my dear friend!
      With love,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Hello my dear Laura! I can't tell you how often I have thought of you - I pray you are doing well and enjoying the warmer days :)

    Your post is full of beauty with the lovely pictures and refreshing words. Thank you for blessing my heart this evening.

    Take care, sweet friend! Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning, sweet Stephanie! Thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers...it has been a rather long winter. But the Lord is so good...and the spring has arrived...and we are so thankful for this. I look forward to stopping by your lovely blog for a visit and "catching up"! Hope all is well with you and yours!
      Hugs back!
      Laura

      Delete
  6. What a lovely post! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marci! It is so nice to have you stop by for a little visit!
      Have a wonderful weekend!
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...