My grandpa was a big jolly man...
Who always had a grin for everyone...
And something funny to say.
My nana was an incredible baker...
I can remember sitting at her kitchen table
Watching while Bunter would try
to snatch a cookie...
And Nana would affectionately slap his hand away.
Always the jester, Bunter would reply...
"I need this cookie for my love handles...
So you have something to hold onto
when you hug me!"
Now, we all know...
If truth be told...
None of us really want "love handles"
Well, at least not those kind!
But, dear Ladies,
Today I received a pair of "Love Handles"
That I will cherish...
You see,
I have a favorite garden tool...
I use it for tilling up our little potato patch...
It's old and rusty
but works like a dream...
That is...until this spring...
The old handles finally rotted and broke...

This morning,
I discovered my sweetheart in the garage...
Making new handles for my "tiller"...
By the time I had hung out today's wash...
He had it all back together again.
I was so pleased to be able to get
my seed potatoes in the ground
this afternoon!
He is always doing little things like this for me...
I am truly blessed!
"...let us not love in word,
neither in tongue;
but in deed and in truth..."
1 John 3:18
If truth be told...
None of us really want "love handles"
Well, at least not those kind!
But, dear Ladies,
Today I received a pair of "Love Handles"
That I will cherish...
You see,
I have a favorite garden tool...
I use it for tilling up our little potato patch...
It's old and rusty
but works like a dream...
That is...until this spring...
The old handles finally rotted and broke...

This morning,
I discovered my sweetheart in the garage...
Making new handles for my "tiller"...
By the time I had hung out today's wash...
He had it all back together again.
I was so pleased to be able to get
my seed potatoes in the ground
this afternoon!
He is always doing little things like this for me...
I am truly blessed!
"...let us not love in word,
neither in tongue;
but in deed and in truth..."
1 John 3:18




OH how sweet and wonderful. Such a loving and thoughtful hubby... God is awsome.. He supplies our every need.. Including that loving spouse..Hugs my friend.
ReplyDeleteOh, Judy...I was just so pleased to be able to get the potatoes in...we've started our garden very late this year with all that has been going on...but God is so good...and I look forward to the harvest!
DeleteLove,
Laura
How very touching. Loved reading about your grandparents and how thoughtful of your husband to make new handles for your beloved tiller! Those are definitely "love handles." God bless your day, Laura.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mildred...I hope that you have a blessed day as well. I truly am blessed with such a loving family!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
Oh, Laura, I am so glad you're back! I have missed your sweet posts. What a precious husband you have. I love your "tiller!" Our potatoes went in early and are blooming now. We have had a dry spring, but have been getting rain recently. I'm so glad to read again your lesson-giving posts! Have a nice week ahead!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
You are too sweet, Kathy! We usually get our potatoes in way before this...but, well, it just wasn't possible this year. I'm so glad to have them in now...and look forward to seeing the blossoms! We've had a lot of rain this spring...but are now getting some gorgeous weather! It seemed funny to see the windows open in our little country church this morning...but the gentle sea breeze was so amazing.
DeleteHave a wonderful week,too!
Sweet blessing,
Laura
hi laura,
ReplyDeletewonderful post.......beautiful blog.
have a wonderful week,
regina
Dear Regina,
DeleteThank you so much for stopping by...and for you sweet comment! I hope that you have a lovely week, as well!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
How sweet. What a thoughtful husband you have! This made me smile so as I read it and thought of the love he put into making those for you. And what a special introduction to your post- I can only imagine how much you cherish that photo and the spectacles for the beautiful memories they remind you of.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say thank you also for all of the lovely comments you leave me. You don't know what a pleasure, encouragement, and joy it is to read them. I especially enjoyed your commented on the "Around the Table" post- it was so special to read that and I'm thankful you shared that with me.
Bllessing and hugs to you!
I hope you have a wonderful Monday :)
~Jazzmin
So nice to have you stop by for a visit, Miss Jazzmin! I always love to stop by your blog...your posts are always full of warmth and love and worship! Hope all is well with your family...and that it is not too hot down there in Texas!
DeleteSweet blessings and hugs back to you...
Mrs. Laura