From warm, sunny beach days...
To cold, snowy winter days...
From palm trees swaying
in the balmy breeze...
To white washed evergreens
whispering in the woods...
I picked my son up at the jetport
the day before our most recent "snow"...
He was "forced" to stay down south
one more day because of inclement weather
on the coast...
On our trek home, Josh remarked...
"Wow! From one extreme to another!"
Got me thinkin'...
How often do we find ourselves going
"from one extreme to another?"
Happy...
Because something pleases us...
Then, sad...
Because someone has disappointed us.
Encouraged...
Because we've accomplished something...
Then, downhearted...
Because we failed.
How comforting to know
that our Lord is not a God of extremes...
He is unchanging...immutable...
He is unchanging in His essence...
He is unchanging in His attributes...
He is unchanging in His plans...
He is unchanging in His promises...
He is unchanging in His love.
What an "extreme" blessing
to know that God changes not...
As we approached the harbor
Josh let out a sigh and said...
"Well, I had a great time,
but it sure feels good to be home..."
Then he chuckled as we talked of the coming snow...
"You know the slogan, Mom...
Maine, the way life should be!"
"For I am the Lord, I change not..."
Malachi 3:6







Thank you for this wonderful post, my dear Laura. Such a good analogy and lesson.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you, sweet friend! Love and hugs!
I'm always so pleased when you stop by for a visit, dear Stephanie! Wishing you exceeding joy this wintry day!
DeleteWith love,
Laura
Oh Laura, Isn't it wonderful that Our Lord is unchanging.. He is always there , no matter where we go or what we do.
ReplyDeleteYour beautiful photos made the snow even look good [and I don't want no snow.ha].
Such a wonderful post. you are such a blessing to me..
Oh, thank you, sweet friend...you have blessed me in so many ways...your prayers through the difficult moments...you will never know how much that meant to me!
DeleteThe snow is beautiful...seems as though I can never take enough pictures of God's amazing handiwork...
Have a wonderful day, dear friend...stay warm!
Love,
Laura
Our days have been ever changing all winter: sun, then cold! I hate to admit it but my mood changes too, as you said, from happy if things are going for me, and sad when I'm disappointed. Makes it so much more important that God doesn't change.
ReplyDeleteI think we all feel this way at times...I am just so grateful that our Lord is always constant...His love never fails.
DeleteHave a terrific day!
Hugs,
Laura
Your post reminds me of the old Hymn "Great Is Thy Faithfulness." The snow certainly is beautiful in your photos. Glad Josh had a safe trip home. Wishing you a cozy evening.
ReplyDeletexo Mildred
I love that hymn, Mildred...morning by morning, new mercies I see...all we have to do is take the time to "slow down and look"...for He is everywhere. "All I have needed...Thy hand hath provided"...such a wonderful reminder that God does provide all that we need...and so much more!
DeleteJoshua had a wonderful trip...he did get delayed one day...but fortunately avoided staying overnight in the New Jersey airport by remaining in Florida. He had such a wonderful visit with his cousin and my little grandniece...hopefully they will be up to visit with us this summer!
Stay warm, dear friend!
Hugs,
Laura
Good Morning, dear Teri! Hope all is well with you and your family...and that you are staying toasty warm in your little cottage! The sun is shining here this morning...sparkling on the snow on the pine trees...simply gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Laura
It such a delight to meet you, Laura!
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful post. Thanks for
sharing. Blessings :-)
Thank you for stopping by, Kath! Hope you are having a wonderful week!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura