Friday, November 15, 2013

She Keeps Me In Stitches...

My sister-in-law knows
how much my mom and I love to cross stitch...


So, whenever she comes up to visit
or when we go down...
She usually has a shopping bag
filled with craft kits for us.

 I love to take these quick little kits
with me when I take my parents
 for their doctor appointments...


You see,
Nancy loves to visit the Senior Center
in her town...

They have a little store
that the elderly ladies run...
Filled with handmade goods
and "thrift" items...


The ladies there know
and love Nancy so much
that they set aside any craft kits
for her to buy when she comes in.


What a treat for mom and I...
We love looking in the bag to see
what treasures Nancy has found...


But, even more,
We love to hear the delightful stories
of the ladies at the Senior Center...

It always brings a smile to our faces
and puts laughter in our hearts.

Currently working on this one...

I'm thinking that,
after I finish up 12 or so,
I might use them as centers 
for the blocks in a quilt...
And let Nancy give it to the ladies
to sell at the Senior Center...

A wintry November morning on the coast...


"Then was our mouth filled with laughter,
 and our tongue with singing..."
Psalm 126:2


Just perfect for stitching by a warm fire...

4 comments:

  1. What lovely cross stitching!! It is such a sweet idea to make them into a quilt.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I have seen a baby quilt done this way before...and I thought I might give it a try!
      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. I love to cross stitch too. I use to do it all time.. [especially during those long 12 hour night shifts at the hospital.. during our low times..it passed alot of hours for me]
    How sweet that you are considering making the quilt and giving to the ladies to sale.. You are one nice thoughtful lady..
    Sending hugs and prayers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help pass the hours, Judy...that is so true. Thank you so much for being such a sweet friend.
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...