Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Love of A Father...

I had almost forgotten about this little chair...


I spotted it this summer
in the thrift store...

And fell in love with the
soft rose colored velvet upholstery...



It would be just the perfect little rocker
for the reading nook in our loft...


And...the price..
99 cents...such a bargain!
Until I looked down...

Both rockers were broken...
One snapped in half...
Taped together with duck tape...
The other...missing the front part.

I bought it anyway...
Hoping my father could do something...
After all, he is "The Chairman..."

He brought it over yesterday afternoon...
He had replaced the two rockers
with new ones he had fashioned...


He amazes me...
How he takes these old, broken chairs
That someone has cast aside...
And makes them new...

Much in the same way
Our Heavenly Father does with each of us
Who belong to Him...

Amazing Love.


"Behold, what manner of love
 the Father hath bestowed upon us,
 that we should be called the sons of God..."
I John 3:1

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful chair.. And how wonderful that your dad , did this for you.. He does such excellent work. Amazing work, I know you will treasure it forever..
    I love that you compared to our Heavenly Father.. Such a good post.. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely chair, Laura, and it certainly looks perfect up in your loft. I think if I had a loft and a chair like this than I would be in it all day reading while sipping on coffee :) Blessings to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Laura~
    What a wonderful job your dad did on the chair! The wood matches perfectly! Your loft looks so cozy... I'm sure you'll really enjoy your special chair. Hope you have a great weekend, my sweet friend.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that he would fit the chair for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...