When tomorrow starts without me,
and I am not here to see
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
all filled with tears for me,
I know how much you love me
as much as I love you,
And each time you think of me
And each time you think of me
I know you'll miss me too.
But when tomorrow starts without me
please try to understand,
That Jesus came and called my name
That Jesus came and called my name
and took me by the hand.
He said that my place is ready
in heaven far above,
And that I have to leave behind
And that I have to leave behind
all those I dearly love.
But as I turned to walk away
a tear fell from my eye,
For all my life I'd always thought
For all my life I'd always thought
it wasn't my time to die.
I had so much to live for
and so much yet to do,
It seems almost impossible
It seems almost impossible
that I was leaving you.
I thought of all the yesterdays
the good ones and the bad,
I thought of all the love we shared
I thought of all the love we shared
and all the fun we had.
If I could have stayed for just a while,
I'd say goodbye and kiss you
I'd say goodbye and kiss you
and maybe see you smile.
But then I fully realise
that this could never be,
For emptiness and memories
For emptiness and memories
would take the place of me.
And when I thought of wordly things
that I would miss tomorrow,
I thought of you and when I did
I thought of you and when I did
my heart was filled with sorrow.
But when I walked through heaven's gate
and felt so much at home,
As God looked down and smiled at me
As God looked down and smiled at me
from his great golden throne.
He said "This is eternity,
and all I've promised you,
Today your life on earth is past,
Today your life on earth is past,
but here it starts anew."
"I promise no tomorrow
but today will always last,
And since each day's the same here
And since each day's the same here
there's no longing for the past."
So when tomorrow starts without me
don't think we're far apart,
For every time you think of me
For every time you think of me
I'm right here in your heart.
Anon
I love you so much, Gig...
and I miss you...
But I'm so thankful you're finally home...
Rest peacefully in His loving arms
my beloved big brother.
"For if we live, we live to the Lord,
and
if we die, we die to the Lord.
So then, whether we live or whether we
die,
we are the Lord’s..."
Romans 14:8











Thank you so much, dear Teri...
ReplyDeleteLove,
Laura
Sending prayers for you and your family.. May God be with you all , and may you feel His loving arms around you. love, Judy
ReplyDeleteThank you, sweet friend...
DeleteLove,
Laura
My heart goes out to you and your family. What a beautiful post and prayer. May you have peace and comfort, that only God can give.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, dear Jodi...
DeleteI have tears in my eyes, Laura. So sorry for your loss. The poem will be a comfort to you and your family in the days to come. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Thank you so much, dear Kathy...for all your kind words and prayers.
DeleteThe memories...the good times...the laughter...the time spent together, they never go away. They become sweeter as time goes on.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you my friend. He is home. m.
Thank you, sweet friend...
DeleteLove,
Laura
Oh my dear Laura, how my heart breaks for you during this difficult time of loss. It is a blessing and sweet reassurance to know your brother is with the Lord, but there is still pain from losing a loved one. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers and if there anything that I can do please don't hesitate to ask.
ReplyDeleteSending you love, hugs and prayers!
Thank you, dear Stephanie...
DeleteI am sending prayers and hugs to you and your family! May the Lord wrap you in His wings in comfort and hold your hearts as you grieve.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful poem. I am teary eyed as I read it and think about your loss. I am truly sorry to hear about your brother. How blessed it is though, despite our heartbreak of losing a loved one, to know you will see him again one day!
My heart goes out to you.
God Bless you, Laura♥
~Jazzmin
We so appreciate your kind words and prayers, dear Jazzmin...
DeleteDear Laura, I am so very sorry for the loss of your brother. I have been blessed to read about you and your family tonight and your faith in God. I am reminded of the lyrics to "No More Night" by David Phelps. I will keep you in my heart and prayers. Mildred
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Mildred, for your prayers and sweet comments.
DeleteWith love,
Laura