Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Very Good Day...

Got a one day pass out of the woods...
Headed for the BIG CITY...
Mom and Dad riding shotgun.

 

BOSTON!!! WOW!!!
So many cars! 
 
So many buildings! 
So many people!


 Spent an amazing afternoon
With my family...
With Nancy 1 and Nancy 2...
(I'll let you decide which is which!)
Mom, Dad, Russ, Slug,
And, most importantly, Gary.


 

Hugging, joking, laughing...
Breaking hospital rules...
(who knew Maine sunflowers were illegal???)
Getting caught in elevator doors...
(This was mom, not me!!!)
reminiscing, crying.. 

 

In my own bed by midnight
back in the harbor...
Realizing that Gary and I were sleeping
next to the same big ocean...
But feeling that it had been a lifetime already
since I'd last seen him ...
 

Leaving a piece of my heart back in Boston...

 It was a very good day...

 "The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

 Zephaniah 3:17

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Laura, I'm so glad you had a lovely day with your family and especially Gary. I'm sure you will treasure the memories of this day in the years to come.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Kathy...it was a day I will treasure forever...

      With love,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. So good that you were able to travel. Boston - wow indeed! So glad that you were able to spend time with your brother. And the memories...those are just priceless! m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Maria...I am so thankful to have moments to remember with my brother...he is so special to me.

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Hi Laura,
    So proud you and parents got to spend the day with Gary.. Sending prayers to each of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your prayers, Judy...I so deeply appreciate your friendship.

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip to Boston with the family..pretty photos too.

    I joined up with Stephanie and her mug exchange and she chose your name for me..yippee! I sent your package off last week and the post lady said you would get this Thursday. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sherri! I did receive your package...and love everything inside! The mug is so beautiful...and the "extras!"...what a treat! You know how I love vintage linen...and the yarn for my knitted dishcloths..the little candle so sweet smelling...and the cactus! Wow! Thank you for your kindness!

      Delete
  5. Hello Dear Laura,
    I am so happy to have been able to meet you, and to be a part of this season of your life!
    I am praying for you and Gary and your whole family.
    I wish we could just sit down and have a cup of coffee and some prayer together!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how the Lord brings people together...at exactly the right time...His timing. Thank you for your prayers...I so look forward to getting to know you better!

      With love,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...