Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"Spring"ing into Action!

We are certainly blessed with all
the signs of spring around us...

Brand new kittens...


 Sunny daffodils...


Bees buzzin'...


Everything blooming...


Peepers in the pond...


 Busy ladies!!!


 One of our biggest projects in the spring
is to cut and split wood for the next winter...
Last weekend, 
my husband and son cut down 8 huge trees
that border our pond...

 

 So now is the time
to split and stack...

Sometimes it seems silly...
To be working on firewood
when the temps are in the 70s...

But the Lord tells us how important 
it is to be prepared...

Not only for the things in this life...

But so much more importantly...
For eternity.

Go to the ant, thou sluggard;
Consider her ways, and be wise:
Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
Provideth her meat in the summer,
and gathereth her food in the harvest..."
Proverbs 6: 6-8

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! Spring is definately in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you, Keri! Spring is such a busy time around here...as I'm sure it is where you are!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that it is spring too, Teri! It certainly was a long cold winter in Maine this year! I was so thankful for the stove and the wood that the Lord provided!

    Sweet blessings, my dear friend!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see the signs of spring.. We had such a long winter, I was beginning to wonder if it was ever coming. ha
    Cute puppies.. and love all the blooming things.
    You are so right, God tells us to prepare. He loves us and gives us so much. What an awesome God.
    Sending prayers for Gary..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy!
      We have had a long winter...haven't we! But I guess it just makes up appreciate the spring and summer all the more. We have had a gorgeous week here...such a blessing! Thank you so much for your continued prayers...you are such a sweet friend.

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Your pictures of spring are so pretty, Laura! We have daffodils, hyacinths and tulips blooming too. They smell SO good!! I love the ant verse in the bible. Always be prepared is a good motto for life here and life in heaven. Enjoy the spring day!
    God bless, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kathy!

      Don't you just love all the spring flowers! Daffodils are one of my very favorites...they are just so sunny! We are having a gorgeous week here on the coast...just perfect for getting outdoor chores done!

      Sweet blessings, my friend!
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Good afternoon! :-)

    Lovely daffodils! I really like daffodils, although we don't have any. Our irises are blooming now!

    The kittens are cute! I'm not a big fan of cats, being more of a dog person myself, but I think kittens are so cute. :-)

    Are those your bee hives? I didn't know y'all had bees...that's really neat!

    I hope you have a blessed day enjoying your lovely Spring weather!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Melinda! I love irises...they don't bloom here til much later in the season. Tulips and daffodils are the popular flowers right now. Our evenings are still pretty chilly. But the days are beautiful...sunny, warm...just perfect!

      Hope you are having a wonderful afternoon! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your encourging comment about the quilt! It is indeed taking me so much longer than I had planned but it beginning to look beautiful. It is for my oldest daughter. It is quite meaningful as the fabrics are from her childhood ( she is only 19!).
    Your blog is lovely and I enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I've been experimenting with some free motion quilting recently...and I'm hooked! It is so fun and relaxing!

      Have a blessed day!
      Laura

      Delete
  7. Oh how did I miss the sweet kittens! They are precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they could stay this little forever!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...