Monday, April 29, 2013

I Love Twins!

Now I know, Ladies...
That many of you are thinking...

"Why, of course,
the mother of twin sons
would love twins!"

But this time
I am not referring to my sons...
Although I do love them dearly!

I am talking about these!


Twin sewing needles!

If you've never tried these before
you've really missed out.


They help to create a very professional looking
hem...especially on knit fabrics!

The skirt is made from vintage linen...

I used a twin needle on these two dresses
that I made for my friend's daughters...


She had asked me to make a few dresses
for her daughters as she has a very difficult
time finding modest clothing for them.

I even made these two dresses
somewhat "twinish"
Not identical...but fraternal!

How sad that mothers have such
a difficult time these days finding modest
affordable apparel for their daughters...

Unfortunately, the industries are only
catering to what the public demands...

The girls' departments in stores
are only a reflection of the womens' departments...
Perhaps now is the time for moms
to set the example...

"Likewise also that women should 
adorn themselves in respectable apparel,
 with modesty and self-control, not with 
braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, 
but with what is proper for women who
 profess godliness—with good works."
2 Timothy 2:9-10

9 comments:

  1. Hi Laurel,
    I love twins too [being the Maw of twin girls ,ha]..
    But, I also love twin needles.. Just perfect.
    With 4 granddaughters, I so agree with you..it is so hard to find modest clothes for our girls.. SO sad.. But it is the times we are living in.
    How is Gary and family? sending prayers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie!

      Your twins are so adorable! I just love all the dresses that you make for them...what a special grammie you are!

      Gary is about the same...each day is a struggle and a gift. Thank you so much for your continued prayers...it means so much!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. So nice to hear from you, Teri! I just realized that you started a new blog! I'll have to stop by for a visit!

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Melanie,

    I had to cut and paste your comment because for some reason it got deleted when I went to post it! Go figure!



    Oh, Laura, the dresses are so cute! You did a beautiful job. I'm sure she's going to love them. They look very comfy and 'twirly'! :-)

    Yes, I certainly know where you're coming from as far as the modesty topic goes! Oh my goodness, trying to find clothes for Katie gets harder and harder. *sigh* She can get very creative though, layering shirts and wearing leggings under her dresses. I think she does a pretty good job. :-)

    Hope you have a great week!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, I can just imagine how difficult it must be for you to help your teenage daughter pick out clothes that are both fashionable and modest! This is even an issue with young men as well. We've always had a rule in our home...never leave the house in anything that you wouldn't feel was appropriate for church.

      Hope you and your family are doing well!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. I have missed you, Laura! The dresses you made are so pretty! I love the sweet patterns and colors. I'm sure your friend will be pleased with them. Hope you are doing well in Maine and enjoying spring weather now.
    God bless, Kathy in Illiois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy...I've missed blogging!
      The weather here is absolutely gorgeous this week...we all have spring fever!!! Time for the gardens...fixing roofs... painting the house... splitting wood... we are busy indeed!
      And, as always, God is so good!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. It is very hard to find modest clothes, even for my 2 and a half year old. I sew for her all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit, Crystal! It is very hard to find modest clothes for little and big girls, alike. How nice that you can sew for your little one. She will truly appreciate this gesture of love as she grows older!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...