Samuel got invited to a birthday party
this weekend...
For a three year old.
The grandson of his boss.
"Mom?" Sam asked last week.
"Remember that car holder road thingamabob
that you made when I was little?"
"Well, Brayden really likes cars and trucks.
Do you think you could make one of
those for him?"
So, while Sam shopped for some
really "cool" cars...
I made a car holder road thingamabob.
Not sure if that is the official name
or not...
But it worked for us.
I had forgotten how much fun these are!
And so portable!
I used a girl's headband for the
elastic that keeps it closed...
(Don't tell the guys!)
Might make a few for my
etsy shoppe...
Boys and cars...
Doesn't matter how old they are!
Of course,
the older they get...
the bigger the "cars" they play with!
""To everything there is a season.."
Ecclesiastes 3:1


That is so sweet, Laura. I'm sure Brayden will like it! I love the technical term Sam used... sounds like how we talk around here too. :-)
ReplyDeleteWe got some unexpected snow and the day off, so I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing day.
Have a great week, my sweet friend.♥
Don't you just love the name, Melanie! Maybe I should get a patent on it! LOL!
DeleteSnow day! How fun! We are expecting some of your storm here tonight and tomorrow into Wednesday. The forecast is for 8 inches or so. Almost all of our previous snow is gone. Guess the garden will have to wait a bit longer...
Enjoy your day off! Hope you have a wonderful week, as well!
Love,
Laura
[eeeeeh...still snowing .. I want spring.. I love the beautiful snow..but so ready for spring flowers, sunshine and NO rain,lol.. Ya'll have had your share of the snow..we have had storms and rain.]
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable thingamabob [and perfect name]..I bet he will be so excited when he opens this gift.. My son............loved his little cars/trucks.. He would line them up on the living room floor [while we were all watching tv] .He had hundreds of them, we were all chair bound, because we couldn't walk on the floor.lol He would have loved this thingmabob.
You are such a good mama to make it for him.And what a sweet boss, to invite him to the grandson's bday party..
Sending prayers for each of you.Special prayers for Gary and Praises to God for the good news.. Pray God continue to bless and keep him safe.
Dear Judy,
DeleteWe are buried again! Over a foot of snow yesterday...just when I thought spring was here for good! Today is bright and sunny, though, so I don't think that we will have the "white stuff" for two long. I'm telling ya...I've really worked on my biceps this winter! LOL!
As always, thank you for your prayers. Next week is the benefit...just hope that he is up to it...and that we don't get another snowstorm!
Love,
Laura
Well,"car-holder, road thingamabob" sounds like the right name to met! I don't think anything else would do!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Hi Keri!
DeleteI thought that was what everyone called them! :)
Hope you all are warm in Washington...do you still have any snow?
Sweet blessings,
Laura
You are so talented, Laura! What a sweet car holder and road for that little 3 year old to have. He will enjoy playing with that for a long time. My son also had a mat with roads and buildings on it and he put his many little cars on it and had had so much fun! He's 34 now and the biggest NASCAR fan you can find!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Kathy,
DeleteSam's boss was supposed to fly down to Florida to be part of the NASCAR safety pit crew again this year (in February) but couldn't because of his broken collarbone and the fire. Boy, was he disappointed! He had such a great time last year!
Hope you and your family are doing well!
Love,
Laura
That is a very neat gift! I like the holder or thingamabob! ;-) It brings back good memories of playing "cars" with my brothers' toy cars. :)
ReplyDeleteWe've certainly done a lot of that around here over the years, Miss Melinda! Some days we had wall to wall match box cars on the living room floor! Right now, I'm wishin' for a big old truck with a plow in front of it! LOL! Oh, well, off to shovel out Gram and Gramp!
DeleteHave a lovely day!
Mrs. Laura
Have a very blessed Easter!
ReplyDelete