The blizzard of 2013...
A most incredible 48 hours for us...
A most incredible 48 hours for us...
Which ended with a
heart wrenching phone call...
The garage where Samuel
has spent the last two years
learning so much...
Was engulfed in flames...
Words cannot describe
the pain we feel
over this incredible loss
for Cecil and Sherry...
Who have become "family"
to us...
But through all this grief
We see God's hand...
For if it had happened tomorrow
instead of today...
Samuel and Cecil would have
been there working
when the furnace exploded...
Which, at the present moment,
is what they believe
may have started the fire...
We love you folks...
And we are so very sorry...
"The LORD is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him..."
Nahum 1:7
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him..."
Nahum 1:7



I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's garage, but so thankful it happened when Samuel and Cecil were not in it. God is good and takes care of His people! Praying for blessings for all of you.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Thank you so much for your sweet words, Kathy. We are still "in shock" over the whole thing...but so very thankful that no one was inside when the explosion happened. God certainly does take care of us!
DeleteDear Laura~
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm glad no one was there at the time. It could have been much worse! Yes, I believe that was God's hand allowing it to happen yesterday instead of today. I'll be praying for Cecil and Sherry, and everyone else affected. Isaiah 61:3 comes to mind...beauty for ashes.
An older couple that have been my parents' neighbors for years had their home burn completely down last week. I've known them as long as I can remember. It happened in the middle of the night and upset Mom and Dad pretty bad...just standing there in the dark watching it burn as the fire crew worked to put it out, then finding out the wife died in it. Her husband is in the hospital now undergoing skin grafts. I still haven't heard how the fire started.
These things remind us once again how very fragile life is and should never be taken for granted. We don't know what the future holds in store for any of us, but I'm so glad we have a heavenly Father who loves us and cares about us, and will help us get through the rough times.
I hope you have a good week, my sweet friend. I'm glad you all came through the storm OK. Warm hugs.♥
Oh, Melanie...I am so very sorry to hear about your parent's neighbors...what an incredible tragedy. We will pray for the gentleman in the hospital...that God will ease his pain and heal his burns. Fire can be so devastating...in so many ways. This time of year is especially difficult...
DeleteHope that you are all safe and warm and having a good week at school!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
I am so sorry. I am sending heartfelt prayers to Cecil and Sherry.. How devastating.SO thankful no one was in there working , truly God's loving protection.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers for Gary ,his family and you.. hugs,
Dear Judy,
DeleteI can't tell you how many times since yesterday afternoon I have thanked God that my son and Cecil were not inside when the fire broke out. We have seen God's hand throughout this whole ordeal...actually...all weekend long...as I will share in a later post.
Spoke with Gary last night. Yesterday was better than Saturday...he's nervous about Tuesday...they may have to stop the clinical trial drug due to low white blood cell count. We just keep praying...
Love,
Laura