Monday, February 11, 2013

Joy Comes In The Morning...

A piece of local history since 1943...gone.

I knew that breakfast would be
a difficult time at our home
this morning...

Sam's first words...

"Man, I loved that job...
I'll never have another job
that I love as much as that one..."

Just minutes after the fire started...

We decided to put lessons
on the backburner until this afternoon
and took a ride over to see Cecil...

We could still see smoke and small flames this morning...

As we drove past the spot...
My eyes filled with tears...
Sam said...
"This one's for Cecil..."
as he did one final burnout.

Yesterday, people could see the smoke from miles away...

Sam was almost certain
that Cecil just wouldn't have
the strength to "start all over..."
 As he had recently started
talking about retiring...

Cecil walking away from the fire...

 As we stopped at the bottom
of the driveway 
to talk with Cecil's son
Sam's cell phone rang...

It was Cecil...
"Don't worry, Bud...
We're gonna rebuild...
You'll just have a few
days off..."

People from all over
showed up to help out...

One man offered the use
of his building for free
 so that Sam and Cecil
could set up "temporary shop"
until the new building is done.

God is so good...

 "Weeping may tarry for the night,
 but joy comes in the morning..."
Psalm 30:5

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Laura, that's wonderful news! I'm so happy for all of you, especially Sam. Yes, God is so good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful news, Melalnie...Sam is so happy. He's really grown close to Cecil and his son, Corey. We just got word that one of the neighbors is organizing a benefit dinner...she asked me to do some cooking. It is so amazing how our community comes together in times like these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am shouting here in Ms.. I am sooo happy that Cecil is going to rebuild.. and that all the neighbors are coming in there to help out.
    Now.. your son will still have his job, he loves so well..
    And that is one of my favorite verses ..and oh so true.. GOd loves us and He is always there.. to wash the tears and troubles of the day away..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy,
      I must admit...my "baby" was in much better spirits last night at dinner than yesterday morning at breakfast! As a matter of fact, we all were. There were a lot of items inside the garage that the insurance will not cover...several restored and antique cars...Sam's race engine and many parts...Cecil's trophies and antique motorcycles...but that doesn't matter. All that matters is that they are both safe. We are so very grateful for this!

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...