Friday, February 8, 2013

Is It Spring Yet?

Blizzard conditions...
Two plus feet of snow...
Astronomically high tide will
result in major coastal flooding...
Hurricane force winds...
Severe isolated thunder
and lightening...
 A real Nor'easter.

The wind is starting to pick up!
Not exactly the words
I wanted to hear this morning...
I found myself praying...
"Oh Lord, I wish spring were here!"

As I poured out my complaints to Him...
As I find myself sometimes doing...

He gently reminded me...

That yesterday we had celebrated
my mother's 90th birthday...

That last night I spent an hour
on the phone with my sweet brother...
Who is battling a devastating cancer
eating away at his body...

That my "baby"
is 18 years old now...
By this world's standards
considered a "man"...

My "baby" cleaning up the driveway at Gram's!

That every day is precious...
No matter what it brings...
Life is very fragile...
And I shouldn't be wishing
any of it away...

So, as I throw another log
on the fire...


After cleaning up today's
pre-storm of 10 inches...

We wait for the "real" storm 
to start...

And I thank the Lord
for all of His amazing blessings...


"Every good gift and 
every perfect gift
 is from above..."
 James 1:17
What a gift to live on the beautiful coast..

“Yesterday is history,
 Tomorrow is a mystery. 
And today? Today is a gift. 
That’s why we call it the present.” 
~B. Olatunji

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Laura, I have already been praying for you and your family. Yes, everyday is a gift and God has everything under control. Isn't the snow pretty though?
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kathy...the snow is so incredibly beautiful! Even through the "scariest" part of the storm...the scenes were breathtaking...especially on the water! Thank you so much for your prayers!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog. :) It was good to hear from you again!

    I pray you all stay warm and don't get stuck in the next few days! You have a LOT more snow there than ND does this year. We're praying that it won't be another drought year coming up....

    Enjoy the beautiful white!
    God bless you and yours,
    ~Cora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you, Miss Cora! We do have a lot of snow now...about 2 1/2 to 3 feet with drifts averaging about 8 to 10 feet in many spots! Hope you get enough to keep your from suffering this summer with drought! Hope your family is well and that you are enjoying the winter months.

      Sweet blessings,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  3. Laura ,
    I have been watching the weather channel.. and really praying for you all.. I so understand your 'little wanting of spring" [God understands too]. I find myself wishing the same thing....and I don't have near the load that you have,. And I know, we should not wish our lives away [Hubby tells me all the time,I am doing just that,lol]
    Please know your friends are praying hard for you, your brother, his family. May God wrap His loving arms around you all..Keep you safe, and be with Gary.
    Hugs to you all my sweet friend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy,
      I feel your prayers daily across the miles...you are a wonderful friend. We are fine, the storm is over...and we have begun the "digging out" process...I'll share some photos in a post tomorrow or the next day. Gary continues to have a wonderful attitude...although the chemo is not going very well. But we leave this in His more than capable Hands...

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Dear Laura,
    I'm praying for you all to stay safe in this storm! Your pictures look stormy, but beautiful at the same time. It's very windy here now (gusts almost 40mph), but all we've had is rain with this storm.
    You are so right. When we feel like complaining, we need to remind ourselves of all our many blessings. Seems like it's so easy to take things for granted.
    Yes, I remember now your mom and Katie sharing the same birthday. So glad you were able to have a party for her. :)
    Continuing to pray for your brother and his healing.
    Hugs to you, my sweet friend! Spring will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your continued prayers, Melanie...
      they mean the world to us. Hope Miss Katie had a fabulous weekend with her overnight birthday guest! I'm sure that they were tired this morning ( I can remember those sleepover days...)!

      Hope you have a wonderful week at school...
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Mrs. Laura,
    I'm so glad to hear that you all are okay! I've heard about the nasty weather that you all are being hit with and was thinking about you and your family, hoping all was well! Just thought I'd let you know you all are in my prayers.
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Melinda,

      So nice to hear from you...and thank you so much for your concern and prayers! We weathered the storm...and spent today and probably the next few days digging out...as did most of New England! The snow is absolutely gorgeous...
      just the perfect kind for cross country skiing. Perhaps we'll have a chance to do some of that this week!

      Take care,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...