Monday, December 31, 2012

I'm Dreamin' of a White...

New Year!


We may not have had
much snow for Christmas...


But we sure made up for it
this week!


We woke to about 5 inches on Thursday...


Which turned to rain
by daybreak and washed
most of it away...


But, as they say on the coast...
If you don't like the weather...
Just wait 5 minutes!


By nightfall we were back to snow...


And picked up another 6 inches.


We barely got that cleaned up...

And got another taste of winter
unexpectedly on Saturday...


About a foot of new snow!

Everything looks so clean
and pretty and fresh and white...

 
A new beginning...

For a New Year!

Dear Friends,
Here's wishing you all 
the most blessed of New Years...

May your hearts be filled
with the peace and joy
that only comes from knowing
our Lord and Saviour...

 
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ
 he is a new creation;
 old things have passed away; 
behold, all things have become new..."
2 Corinthians 5:17

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Laura, you sure have gotten a lot of snow! The pictures are beautiful! You're welcome to send some my way. We got a little bit while we were at Mom and Dad's.
    I used that same verse in my post earlier today! :)
    May God bless you and your family this year, my friend!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Melanie! We just got back from our evening moonlight walk...the snow is so bright tonight...along with the stars! We are enjoying a quiet New Year's Eve...the boys have gone to a church ping pong tournament for a few hours. Hope you all are having a wonderful evening...and we're sending wishes for the very brightest of New Year's for you all. Give Miss Katie a big hug from us!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Wishing you and your family a happy and blessed 2013, Laura!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, Kathy! I'm so thankful for all the friends I have made through blogging...and I am blessed to count you as one of them! Wishing you and yours the very happiest of New Years!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Laura,
    Sending prayers that you and family have a blessed and Happy New year.
    The snow is beautiful... Love all the pretty photos..
    Sending prayers for Gary and family.. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happiest of New Years to you and Kenny! I've been meaning to send you an e-mail...and I will soon (maybe later tonight). We are enjoying all this beautiful "whiteness"...although we weren't quite so happy with it yesterday when the plow truck died right in the middle of the driveway...my sweetie thinks the trannie is gone. Sam is going to take a look at it this week. If anyone can fix it, he can! Oh, well, shoveling is great cardio exercise! LOL!
      Wishing you and Kenny all the best in 2013, my dear friend!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Dear Laura...it has been snowing here most of the day...so very pretty! Sending you warmest wishes for a blessed New Year! Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family as well, dear Teri! Hope your New Year is filled with warmth and happiness and joy...and I am ever grateful for the joy you have brought into my life!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Dear Laura,
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.
    Almost dreamlike. I love them.
    Happy New Year.

    Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Virginia,

      So nice to have you stop by for a visit! Sending prayers that you and your sweet family will have a very blessed New Year!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...