Fir, Spruce, and Pine!!!
We were blessed with a
lovely blanket of snow
the other day...
Each year,
I usually make wreaths
for family and friends...
Fortunately, this year,
I had a whole truck load full of supplies!
We cut down several trees
that were close to power lines
and saved the limbs...
So, no need for "tipping" this year!
In case you didn't know...
I'm not talking about leaving a little "extra"
for the waitress!
"Tipping" also means to cut the "tips"
off of the evergreens to use
for wreath and such!
This year,
In addition to wreaths,
I decided to try my hand
at making "boughs" or "swags"
to hang on our sign post.
I decided to use some of the "float rope"
that I make mats out of
to attach the greens to...
It is strong and flexible!
Not really certain just what I was doing
I decided to make the "boughs"
just like I make wreaths...
I was pleasantly surprised with how
my first attempt turned out!
Then, it was on to wreath making!
I like to make my wreaths
double-sided...
It makes them really full!
I take three springs of evergreen
at a time...
And wire them with one continuous wire...
It usually takes me about 1/2 hour
to make a wreath...
I made this one for my parents' front door!
Don't you just love all the festive songs
played this time of year...
like "Deck the Halls"
and "Joy to the World"?
Seems as though lately...
I've been hearing more and more
songs with the theme...
"Why Can't It Be Christmas All Year Long..."
My dear friends...
It can be...
It should be...
I heard this song the other day
for the first time...
"A Christmas Song for All Year Round"
sung by Aaron Sprinkle...
Wonderful words to ponder
this day...
I wonder if this Christmas
They’ll begin to understand
That Jesus that they celebrate
Is much more than a man
The way the world is I can’t see
how people can deny
The only way to save us
Was for Jesus Christ to die
And I know that if St. Nicolas
They’ll begin to understand
That Jesus that they celebrate
Is much more than a man
The way the world is I can’t see
how people can deny
The only way to save us
Was for Jesus Christ to die
And I know that if St. Nicolas
was here he would agree
That Jesus gave the greatest gift
That Jesus gave the greatest gift
of all to you and me
They led him to the slaughter
They led him to the slaughter
on a hill called Calvary
And mankind was forgiven
And mankind was forgiven
when they nailed him to a tree
But most of all the children
They’re the ones I hope will learn
That Jesus is our savior
And he’s going to return
And Christmas isn’t just a day
And all days aren’t the same
Perhaps they’ll think about the word
And see that it spells his name
But most of all the children
They’re the ones I hope will learn
That Jesus is our savior
And he’s going to return
And Christmas isn’t just a day
And all days aren’t the same
Perhaps they’ll think about the word
And see that it spells his name











That sounds like a lovely song, although I have not heard it yet. The wreath you made for your parents is beautiful! I love the scent of fresh pine. We have a Winter Weather Warning for tomorrow. Our area is to get 4-6 inches of blowing snow! The areas north and west of us are to get worse- up to a foot of snow! I have everything done for Christmas and am relaxing with cocoa and Christmas cookies today! So peaceful!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Oh, Kathy, so glad that you have everything all set for Christmas! Wouldn't it be fun to be enjoying some cocoa and cookies together! Stay warm during the storm...I'll be praying for those around your area that have to travel over the next few days!
ReplyDeleteSweet blessings, dear friend,
Laura
Dear Laura...I have not heard that song either. Such a pretty wreath! I love the smell of fresh greenery! We too have snow coming our way! I think we have 1-3 inches in our forecast ... as well as being very cold and windy! I am happy to be settled in all comfy and cosy! Blessings to you! Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful song.
ReplyDeleteYOur wreath looks really pretty.. so fun to make , aren't they?
Sending prayers that you and family will have a blessed and Merry Christmas.
Dear Laura~
ReplyDeleteHi, my sweet friend! I hope you all had a good Christmas. Thank you so much for our Christmas card. We go back to school on Wednesday...our break went by too fast!
You do such beautiful work! I'm sure your parents loved the wreath! :)
That is a beautiful song...wonderful words.
I pray you and your family will have a very blessed 2013! Take care.♥
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteWe so enjoyed your card as well...I do love getting "real" mail in the mailbox! Hope your return to school goes smoothly after this "rest" period!
Wishing all of you the most joyous New Year!
With love and hugs,
Laura