Some of you already know
that my brother, Gary,
was diagnosed with cancer of the kidney
last month and had emergency surgery
to have his kidney removed...
We received a phone call this morning
that he is on his way to the hospital...
They are doing a biopsy on his arm...
and one on his bladder...
The doctors suspect that the cancer has spread.
Please hold him and my sister-in-law Nancy
up in your prayers this morning...
As well as the physicians...
God is so Good...
And we place this all in His loving hands...
"Then great multitudes came to Him,
having with them the lame, blind,
mute, maimed, and many others;
and they laid them down at Jesus’ feet
, and He healed them..."
Matthew 15:30


Oh, Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this! I will keep him and all the family in prayer. Yes, we have to place it all in our Father's loving hands. He is such a strength and comfort to us.
ReplyDeleteMany hugs to you today, my dear friend.♥
Thank you, Mel...it is a comfort to know that friends are holding him up in prayer all over the country right now. His surgery is at 9...we are waiting on some word from my sister-in-law...and plan to possibly head for Massachusetts if need be.
DeleteWill keep you all posted.
With love and thanks,
Laura
Dear Laura ~ I am so sorry! We will be praying for you and your family! Warm hugs my sweet friend!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Teri...good friends are such a blessing in times such as these. We are waiting on word from the doctors...and may be traveling down to be with them this afternoon...will know more soon.
DeleteLove you,
Laura
Laura,
ReplyDeleteMy heart is saddened by this news. I will immediately go to our Father with prayers for Gary and his family. God is a wonderful God, and He has Gary in His loving arms right now. I pray that He will comfort each of you and bless you. I pray for healing for Gary. Will be checking back often, to see if you have heard from him yet?
Just remember..my favorite verse: God is our refuge and strengh, A very present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1 It comforts me in trouble to know that God is right there with us, in our troubles.
Laura, my friend, I am going to talk to the Father.. Hugs to you all,
Dearest Judy...your sweet comment has brought tears to my eyes, dear friend. Thank you so much for sharing your favorite verse with me...thank verse has often brought me comfort in times of trouble and worry. I just got off the phone with my oldest brother (being one of 10...you can imagine there is a lot of phone tag going on today!)...we are still waiting for word from the doctors...and then will need to make some decisions whether or not we are headed back down to Massachusetts.
ReplyDeleteI will try to keep everyone updated...I thank the Lord each and every day for such wonderful friends from far and near!
Love you so,
Laura
I will be praying fervently for your brother and his wife. Also praying that God will guide the doctors to make good judgements on his treatment. So sorry to hear this. My husband had open heart surgery in August and many were praying for him. Prayers work. God bless you all.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Kathy...thank you so much for your prayers...they mean so much to us at this time. We are still waiting for a call...no word from the doctors as of yet. Waiting is always the hardest part...
DeletePlease give your husband our best. So glad that many were praying for him as he was going through his surgery. We are so blessed to know "The Great Physician!"
Will keep everyone updated when I know more...
Sweet blessings, dear friend,
Laura
Oh, I am sorry to hear that! I will be in prayer for you, your brother and all your family!
ReplyDeleteDear Miss Melinda,
DeleteHow very sweet of you to be thinking and praying for us all at this time. There is such a comfort to know that many are praying all over the country. We feel so blessed to be able to call on folks...and know they will turn to the Lord in our behalf.
Hope your day is going well...we had snow showers this morning and yesterday...but nothing that stayed on the ground. I'm afraid "Old Man Winter" is here, though...
Take care, dear one,
Mrs. Laura
Dear Laura,
ReplyDeleteI will gather my children now in the name of Jesus and we will pray for Gary and Nancy.
We will also add them to our family pray time this evening.
Heavenly Father, we understand You will never leave us or forsake us. Wrap your arms of comfort, love and healing around this family at this time. Be near to them. May the prayers of those who love and care assure this family that You are their strength and their refuge.
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1
In His Love,
Virginia
Thank you so much for your prayers and support, Virginia...it means so much to me. We just received word that the biopsy did reveal bone cancer...we are waiting for further updates on what happens next. I'm feeling a bit numb right now...but I know that He is near...
DeleteWith love and thanks,
Laura
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeletejust checking in on you.. My prayers are continuing.. and will be with Gary and you and your whole family..
If you head out to Massachusetts, be careful and I am praying in advance for a safe trip.
My husband has 13 children in his family.. THere are only 11 now..He lost 2 brothers..Lots of people make comments about his family being so large..But, it is a loving family and God allowed his parents to have those children for a reason.. And guess what.. I am really thankful to God and his parents, because Kenny is third from the bottom , and if they had a smaller family, I wouldn't have him.. And he is a wonderful husband, father and friend..
Take care and know I am praying in Ms.
Dear Judy,
DeleteIt is snowing right now...and my sister-in-law just called with the biopsy results...bone cancer. She couldn't talk long...so we are waiting for more information. We haven't told my parents yet...please pray that the Lord will give me the right words to say if Gary asks me to tell them. My heart is hurting so badly right now...I am so glad that He is close...
Love you,
Laura
I am so sorry Laura..
ReplyDeleteLife can be so overwhelming at times.
You and your family are in my prayers.
Love and Hugs,
Virginia
Thank you, Virginia, you don't know how much that means to me (and all of us).
DeleteWith love,
Laura
Laura, just saw your reply.. I know your heart is breaking.. I didn't think about your parents.. Oh.. bless your hearts. I will pray that God will give each of you strength and help your parents too. Love you too.. Pray God help you all through this rough day...
ReplyDeleteDear Judy...My mom and dad took it really hard...how awful for them to see one of their children suffering. With such a large family...there is so much support...
Deleteso we are drawing together and holding each other tightly right now.
Love you,
Laura