Today is such a gloomy day...
Both inside and out...
I needed to do something physical
while I waited for word about my brother...
So I headed out to the
leaf pile with the rake...
Each autumn
we bag up the leaves to use as insulation
for the chicken coop and foundation...
In the spring...
We take these bags
and place the leaves in our mulch pile
to help make soil for the gardens...
![]() |
| Could you please rake up some juicy bugs??? |
I know that I shouldn't worry about Gary...
"Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything by
prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known to God."
Philippians 4:6
And I know that Satan
just uses worry to keep us from
trusting in and turning to God...
"Casting all your anxieties on him,
because he cares for you."
I Peter 5:7
But waiting is always the hardest part...
"And which of you by being anxious
can add a single hour to his span of life? "
Matthew 6:27
And so,
as I work out my frustration
with this rake...
I am just praying that
Satan will
"leaf" me alone..
"...for I have learned,
in whatsoever state I am,
therewith to be content."
Philippians 4:11b
Well, at least,
my "ladies" are content!
Update on my brother
as of this afternoon...
It's hard to believe that this
morning I was raking leaves...
And this evening we may be shoveling snow...
We have received a call about my brother...
The results of the biopsy
revealed bone cancer...
Thank you all so much for your
continued prayers throughout the day...
We are trusting that the Lord
will be with us through the road ahead...






Still sending prayers.
ReplyDeleteDear Holly,
DeleteThank you so much for your prayers throughout the day...my heart is breaking right now...
I have trouble with worry too, Laura. So sad your brother has bone cancer. I will keep praying for him, his family, the doctors and you.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Thank you so much, Kathy, for being with me throughout the day...and for your continued prayers. God is so good...I know He will guide the doctors and be with us all throughout this journey.
DeleteLove,
Laura
Laura,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry that Gary has bone cancer.. my heart and prayers are going out for him and each of you.. I know this has been a very hard stressful day.. I wish I could say something that would make it better. But , I can't ..
Just remember, God promised He would never leave nor forsake us. And we can cast our cares on Him, for He cares for us.
I pray that each of you feel God's loving arms around you , as you have never felt before.. sending the biggest hug to you..
Dear Judy...the support you all have shown me just makes me feel so loved. I shared with my brother how there were folks all over the country praying for him...he was so pleased and touched.
DeleteI can feel your hug...
Laura
Dear Laura ~ words do not come easy when you know that a cherished friend is suffering ... praying for a peace to come to you! I continue to pray for you all! Warm Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri...I so appreciate how you all have been with me through this...what a comfort it is to know that friends care.
DeleteThank you.
With love,
Laura
Dear Laura~
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear your brother's report. I agree with Teri. It's hard to know what to write when such a special friend is hurting. Please know we'll be praying that God will give all of your family strength and peace through this time. He is a very present help in our time of trouble. Love and hugs to you.♥
Melanie...the bright spot in all of this was reading all the support from all of you wonderful friends. My brother has such a positive attitude about all of this...such an inspiration to all of us.
DeleteWith love,
Laura
Good morning Laura, Got up this morning and said a prayer for Gary and you and all the family.. May God hold you very tightly today and each day.
ReplyDeleteForgot to tell you yesterday.. I can remember Gary's name because:
Kenny[hubby]name is---Gary Kenneth-- we call him Kenny
Our son is named Gary Kenneth Jr---call him Gary
Our only grandson is named Gary Kenneth111- Call him Kenny..
So, I have the Gary's in my house.ha
Sending big ole hug..
It's amazing, Judy...the more I learn about you and your family...the closer I feel to you."Gary" is such a fine name...
Deleteobviously given to some very fine and well loved men!
Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me...
Love,
Laura
I'm sorry to hear about your brother! I have been praying for you all and for him!
ReplyDeleteDear Miss Melinda,
DeleteThank you so much for your prayers. I spoke with my brother this evening...
after his first round of treatments today. He has a wonderful attitude about all of this...and, although he is in quite a bit of pain right now, has been trying to boost all of our spirits! What a trooper!
We are trusting in God's plan for all of this...and know that He is in control.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my dear!
Sweet blessings,
Mrs. Laura
Laura, sending prayers and hugs... Hope you have a good nights rest..God bless....
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, dear friend! Today is bright and sunny here...although a bit nippy! I spoke with Gary last night...he is in such good spirits...looking forward to the day when these treatments are behind him. Monday is another surgery...he wants us to wait to come down til possibly the beginning of the week...we'll see...right now I'm going to do some sewing...always makes me feel better!
DeleteLove you!
Laura
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I will be praying for him.
ReplyDeleteDear Trish,
DeleteSo good to hear from you again! Thank you so much for your prayers, dear friend. They are such a comfort.
Have a blessed day,
Laura
Dear Mrs. Laura,
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for you and your family--what a difficult time full of sorrow and brokeness. I will be praying for your family--that you may be filled with peace beyong understanding and with the abundance of grace needed to trust wholeheartedly.
With love and prayers,
Frannie
Dear Miss Frannie,
DeleteThank you so much for your sweet comment and for your prayers. God is so good...and we are trusting in Him at this time...even though we cannot understand why this is happening.
Have a wonderful day, dear one,
Mrs. Laura