Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just In The "Knick of Time"...

A few weeks ago,
I stumbled across a charming blog
called "Knick of Time"...


Angie features wonderful vintage finds...

and every Tuesday
she hosts 
"Knick of Time Tuesday"
where you can link up a post
dealing with vintage items 
from your blog...

She also features several blogs
each week...

This week...
She featured the post that I
did about my dad's chair...

What an honor for me.
If you have a minute,
check out her blog...
And take a trip "back in time."

Speaking of just in the "knick of time"...
We had an experience like this
just yesterday...

My son's truck was not driving well...
Even though he had very recently
put 4 new all weather tires on it
and had it aligned...

My husband took a look at it...
And discovered that the brand new tires
on the front had worn down 
most of the tread on the inside...

So we took it to the garage 
where Sam works...
So they could put it up on the lift 
and see what was wrong...

Sam's boss said that it almost
appeared as though it hadn't been aligned at all...

But it was our little 
mechanic extraordinaire
who discovered the real problem...
 Just in the "nick of time"...

There was very little thread left on this bolt...

 The bolt to the tie rod
had never been tightened 
after the alignment...

And was about to come off...
Which would have most likely
caused an accident...

What an amazing blessing
that Samuel discovered this
just in the "'nick of time"...

We immediately drove the truck
very slowly
back to the place it was aligned...

The gentleman was so good...
He realigned the truck...
and gave Josh a check for
two new front tires.

Just another concrete example to us
of how our Lord
watches out for and protects us
each and every day.

And we will be careful to give Him 
all the praise and the all the glory...

Because he loves me,” says the Lord
“I will rescue him;
    I will protect him,
for he acknowledges my name. 
 He will call on me,
and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him..."
Psalm 91: 14-15

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad your son was not hurt in an accident, Laura. What a blessing and also that the alignment man paid for new tires. Yes, God does watch over us all. We have so much to be thankful for. Hope you all are enjoying a happy Christmas season.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kathy...thanks for dropping by for a visit! Yes, we were thrilled when the gentleman told us that he would realign the truck and pay for the tires. It is so nice to see folks who will stand behind the work that they do!

      Hope you are all enjoying this blessed season...it is so hard to believe that the New Year is just a month away!

      Hugs,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Wow Laura, God is Good!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is always there in the "knick of time".. So proud that it was found and corrected..and he is safe now..
    How wonderful that your dad's chair was featured on the blog.I will go check out her blog.. thanks for sharing.
    Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy,

      We were so pleased with the man's response to correct the problem...what an answer to prayer!

      I think you will enjoy her blog! I like looking at some of the bloggers who link up posts to her "Vintage Tuesday" posts...it is amazing the talented people out there!

      Sweet blessings, dear friend!
      Laura

      Delete
  3. My goodness, Laura, I'm so glad the problem with Josh's truck was fixed before something bad happened! God is so good to watch over us. So many things He protects from and we never even know it.
    How nice of Angie to feature your blog. The chair is beautiful. Your dad does great work!
    Take care, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Melanie!

      So nice to hear from you! Yes, God is so good...we are amazed daily at how He provides for us...in more ways than we could ever imagine or hope for.

      Dad is doing an incredible job on these chairs...I'll have to post some of the ones he has finished...they are amazing!

      Give our love to your family...and a big hug to Miss Katie for me!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. God is so good! I am glad to hear that he kept your son from harm and also provided through the mistaken mechanic.

    You are a blessing to many!
    Your sister in Christ,
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Frannie,

      What a sweet reply! It is always so nice to hear from you, my dear. We, too, are so thankful for God's many blessings...so undeserved...yet so appreciated!

      Have a blessed day!
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  5. Praise God for keeping your son safe, and praise God that the people at the alignment shop did right by you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Holly!

      So nice to have you stop by again for a visit! We were truly thrilled when the gentleman told us that not only would he realign the truck...but also pay for the front tires! Josh already has his truck back from the garage...and it is driving much better now...God is so good!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...