Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Sew" Relaxing!

Isn't this just the cutest little
brass doll bed?

My mom found it at a 
local thrift store
along with a little baby doll
some time ago...

She wanted to give it to
one of my sister-in-laws
who collects dolls
and has a brass bed in her guest
room just like this one!


She asked me if I would do
something similar
to what I had done with this carriage...


It was a chilly day outside...
And I was home alone...
The perfect kind of day for sewing!

First,
I dug out my vintage linens and such...


And made a little mattress
and pillow...


Then, using 2 inch scraps
I made a little doll quilt
for the bed...


I thought that it would
look cute folded 
at the bottom of the bed.

Then I moved on to the doll...

First, I made her a
little pink flannel diaper...
And a baby's bonnet...


After that,
I made her a little sleeper...


There now,
doesn't she look all warm
and toasty?
Just perfect for a chilly
Maine evening!


Sometimes, it's just "sew" nice
to have some quiet time...
To collect your thoughts!

Sweet dreams, my friends!

"Be still and know that
I am God..."
Psalm 46:10

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good Morning Holly!

      Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I just love sewing dolls and such. If the Lord ever blesses me with a granddaughter some day...her grammie is really going to spoil her!

      Have a lovely weekend!
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Laura, that is the most precious little doll in the most precious little brass bed that I can imagine! SO SWEET!!!!!!! You did a wonderful job!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy...it was such a fun project to work on! I just love sewing and crafting...there aren't enough hours in the day for me!

      Have a wonderful weekend!
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Oh Laura, you did such a beautiful job! That little quilt is just sweet as can be. What a wonderful treasure for your sister-in-law. Handmade gifts are so special. I'm sure she'll love it!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melanie...my mom and dad went down to Massachusetts this weekend and took the doll bed with them. I'm sure I'll hear from my sister-in-law soon...she so loves things like this. Her doll collection is amazing!

      Hope all is well with you and yours. Are you planning any special programs at school for the Christmas season?

      Have a wonderful day!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
    2. Hi, Laura~
      We don't usually have a Christmas play, but there is a lady in our church who practices Christmas music with the children, and they will sing some songs for us either at school, church, or both! They do a great job!
      Hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs!♥

      Delete
    3. I just love all the songs at Christmas time! Why is it that we don't really start singing them til around the first week of advent? There are so many...and they are so great!

      I hope that you have a great day as well! I'm going to try to hang up some more greens around...the chickens got into my basket of greens yesterday and ate all the red berries! I am not happy with them at the moment (thinking "chicken soup" perhaps! :) LOL!)

      Delete
  4. Adorable. adorable.. Did I say.... I really want it myself.lol
    Great job..
    How is Gary today? Sending prayers for him and the whole family.. What about your parents? How are they or did Gary want yout to tell them? Hugs for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy,

      Thanks so much for your sweet comment...to be honest...I wanted to keep it for myself as well. We are more alike than you think! Scary, isn't it!

      Gary goes in today for the bladder surgery. The doctors decided not to do it last week...too much at one time I guess. We are waiting to hear the results of this...then may make a day trip down tomorrow or another day this week. He asked us to wait until after today...thanks so much for your continued prayers.

      Love you,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. So cute and so sweet of you to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trish! How are you and yours all doing? I've been praying for your family...you've been through so much lately.

      Take care, dear one,
      Laura

      Delete
  6. Hi Laura,
    I think we are "alike",ha.
    Checking on Gary, how is he doing? Sending prayers and a big ole hug..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No word yet on today's procedure...we are waiting to hear. So appreciate your prayers and hugs!

      Sending em' right back at ya!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  7. Oh, Laura ... this is so precious! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teri. Mom gave it to Janie on Saturday...she just loves it! I have to admit, I really wanted to keep it myself!
      LOL!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  8. You've done a wonderful job making the bedding, quilt and doll clothes!!! They all look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam! It was such a fun and relaxing project. I could sew all day!

      God bless,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...