Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Job Well Done...

My husband and I first spotted this nest
on one of our walks around the road
high up in an ancient apple tree...


When we walked after the storm Tuesday...
I expected to find the nest blown away...
Yet, amazingly,
It was still there...



Obviously,
these little "critters" had done a tremendous job
building their home...

I am constantly amazed at
the examples in nature
that God gives us
to guide us and teach us...
 
May they be a constant reminder to us...
To build our "house" upon the "Rock"...

So that one day
we may hear...

Well done,
thy good and faithful servant...

Matthew 25:23

By the way...the nest is about 14 feet up...
Do these little critters know something we don't know???

18 comments:

  1. HI Laura, how are you all doing. Have been praying for you and your family.
    Isn't it amazing how we can see God's magnificent work, in so many different places. And to think it lasted through the storm..[With God we can last through many a storm!!]. Thank you for sharing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, dear friend,

      You are always so sweet to leave encouraging messages! We are all doing well...my biggest disappointment today was not being able to have a piece of birthday cake (because of the gluten)! I guess if that was the "worst" part of my day...I don't have much to complain about! LOL!

      We had our first snow of the season...I am so not ready for winter (mentally))! We have been enjoying fall so much...spending a great deal of time outdoors...oh, well, guess I'll get a lot of those W.I.P. projects done in the next few months!

      Have a blessed evening!
      Laura

      Delete
  2. What a nice post to read, Laura! Do you know what kind of a nest it is? A squirrel perhaps or an eagle? I'm so glad it survived. Thank you so much for reminding me to keep building our house on the Word of God.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kathy,

      You are such a faithful commenter! I'm sorry that the picture isn't better...the nest belongs to paper wasps, we believe! We've watched them all summer long...buzzing around high above us as we walk our dirt road. They sure are industrious little creatures!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. What a simple, yet wonderful example of God's wisdom and instruction! I really need to start looking for the hand of God in everythng around me. God speaks through more than just the Word of God. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Miss Jennifer!

      So nice to have you stop by for a visit! I have really enjoyed visiting your blog. It is amazing all the different ways that God teaches us...through His word, through nature, through people...He is so good!

      Have a lovely day
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  4. Dear Laura...such an interesting post! Thank you for sharing! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Teri!

      Hope you have a wonderful weekend...thanks for stopping by to say "hello"!

      Sweet blessings
      Laura

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your background! I've never seen this one before.
    I too am amazed at how strong and smart God's creatures are. One time we did a bird study and the kids went out and gathered up some moss, sticks and such and tried to build a bird nest. Even with all their 'knowledge' and hands, they couldn't do it, yet birds do it with just beaks a little feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Sandra!

      Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I just realized that Miss Jennifer is your daughter...I have really enjoyed reading her blog...she has some wonderful posts!

      It is amazing how the Lord can teach us through His creation...if we only take a moment to notice...

      Have a blessed day,
      Laura

      Delete
  6. Hi...thanks for stopping by the Find a Friend Friday party...the link is working now!! I also wanted to let you know your blog comments are set to "No Reply", which means there isn't an email address attached to your blog account with no way for anyone to reply. Not sure if that is something you want to change, but there is a tutorial on my right side bar labeled "Are you a no reply" if you want to take a look.
    We did fine with the storm, but so many other areas on the RI coast are still a mess. No comparison to NY and NJ though. I pray for them.
    Thanks again for commenting on my blog and have a great day,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Karen,

      Thank you so much for the tip about "no reply"...I'll have to look into that.

      So glad you are all safe in RI...my sister in NJ is still without power...we continue to hold all those folks up in prayer.

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  7. Just found your blog through a friend (Erika on "All Good Things" blog) and I am so glad I did! What a beautiful place to visit! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Emily Fay!

      Thank you so much for visiting...I just took a trip over to your two blogs...and I'm so glad that I did! I will be back to visit again...very soon!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  8. What a lovely post and so true.. Thanks for dropping by..

    Have a blessed weekend.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Faye!

      Thanks so much for stopping by...it's always so nice to hear from you. Hope your getting all ready for winter...it will be upon us before we know it!

      Have a blessed weekend,
      Laura

      Delete
  9. thanks for visiting my blog. Have returned the compliment and love what you do. God has really protected you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...I am still laughing over your lawnmower incident! And to think I have to go out and have an encounter with the woodsplitter today...perhaps I should rethink my plans!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...