Saturday, November 10, 2012

Cleaning House!

Another beautiful Autumn day...

Quite a change from yesterday's touch of winter...

The sun was shining...
A slight breeze was blowing...

Just the perfect day for...

Cleaning House!


Of course,
as you can see,
I'm talking about the chicken coop...


Not one of my most favorite chores
to be sure...


But I do so appreciate those fresh eggs...


And if we don't keep the "girls" house
clean and fresh...

We won't reap the benefits!

God's word tell us to
"clean our house" as well...

 "Therefore, laying aside all malice,
all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking..."
1 Peter 2

These things must be laid aside, or "cleaned up",
 or we cannot receive the word of God 
as we ought to...
 
Larry, our resident supervisor!

And, as we all know...
A clean house is a happy house!


" To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home,
 good, obedient to their own husbands, 
that the word of God be not blasphemed..."
 Titus 2:5

16 comments:

  1. This so much reminds me of my mom's chicken coop, Laura! My husband had the "smelly" chore of cleaning it out! Mom always had the best farm fresh eggs. She also had the best fried chicken which started from a live chicken all the way to the frying pan! The smell of the feathers coming off was terrible. I remember coming home from school on the bus and being glad that part was done and only smelling the delicious fresh chicken frying in the pan! Thanks for the memories.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Kathy, and for sharing memories from your childhood. I agree, the chickens can be stinky!!!!! I do so love fresh eggs though.

      Have a wonderful weekend!
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Hi Laura...as Kathy mentioned above ... this brings back many memories to me as well. I loved spending time at my gramma's. She lived in a small town but it seemed more like country to me. She had her chickens in the backyard ... a ways from her old backporch. There were her clotheslines ... which I might say always had laundry gently blowing in the breeze. Her fruit trees were close by and her lovely gardens as well! We always had fresh fried chicken ... not to mention fresh eggs for our breakfast if I spent the night with her. I loved gently swinging on the old front porch swing with my gramma ... flowers blooming everywhere and the chickens roaming around. Oh those precious memories! Thank you for sharing ... enjoyed the snapshots! Weekend Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Teri, I can just picture you and your gramma! We let our chickens free range...so you can find them just about anywhere in our yard. They especially like to try and get into the barn to get at the cat food! Our cats are afraid of them...go figure.

      Hope you are doing well...have a blessed Sunday!
      Laura

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post.. Yes, we must clean our houses.. that means our chicken's houses too.It all must be done..
    And to see God in our works, is such a blessing.
    How are you and family doing Laura? Sending prayers for each of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy...you are always such a sweetie to ask about our family! Mom and Dad still haven't sold their house...I think they are finally feeling like they might as well just stay put. We measured today to see how much wood we had stacked...7 cord...so I think we will all stay warm this winter. Their house is so big...it takes quite a bit of oil to keep it warm...so the wood heat really helps out.

      How is Kenny coming along lately? We continue to pray for his recovery. Please give him our love...

      Take care, sweet friend,
      Laura

      Delete
  4. Hi, Laura,
    I enjoyed your pictures! Your snowy picture is just beautiful! We haven't had any here yet.
    That quilt on the line is so pretty. I love the colors together.
    Larry looks like a sweetie. :-)
    I spent most of the day cleaning house, and I always feel so much better when it looks nice. I hope your chickens will thank you by laying many yummy eggs for you!
    Praying all is well with you and your family.♥Hugs to you, my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Melanie,

    Always so nice to have you stop by for a visit! Yes, the snow was beautiful...but I am so not ready for snow yet! They keep saying around the general store and post office that we are going to get a lot this winter. We are prepared...7 cord of wood stacked by the barn (you should see my arm muscles! LOL!) The snow is gone now...yesterday was lovely...so we took down a few more trees by the power lines...no, I don't run the chain saw...but I'm pretty awesome on the woodsplitter!

    Hope you all have a blessed Sunday...give Miss Katie a big hug from me!

    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! I enjoyed seeing photos of your chicken coop. And it is very true about keeping our own houses clean and free from things that will prevent us from being close to Christ! Thank you for sharing this today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Emily Fay!

      It is so nice to have you stop by for a visit! I have been doing a lot of "cleaning" lately...both physically and spiritually!

      Hope all is well with you and yours!
      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  7. Great photos! Larry is so cute :) Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comment. I've given my chickens popcorn but they don't even touch it. They don't care for meal worms either which most people say their chickens go crazy for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      I'm so glad that you stopped by...I know how finicky chickens can be sometimes! I'm actually starting to grow some fodder from barley (I found this on a terrific blog) that I'll share in a post sometime soon...sure hope my "ladies" like it!

      Have a blessed evening!
      Laura

      Delete
  8. I love the way you draw Scriptural analogies to every post! It is very encouraging. I've cleaned my fair share of chicken houses. It's not the most pleasant job, but very necessary. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Melinda,

      Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit. I agree, it isn't much fun to clean out the hen house...but they always seem to lay better afterwards, don't they!

      Sweet blessings,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  9. Laura,
    Thank you for asking.. Kenny is still having lots of trouble . Thank you so much for the prayers. We really appreciate them..
    7 cords of wood.. That sounds warm and cozy for the winter..Which is upon us already.. eeeh. Proud your mom and dad are doing ok.. Sending prayers..
    Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy,

      So sorry to hear that Kenny is still not feeling "his best"...what are the doctors saying?

      I was surprised when we measured the woodpile...7 cord is a lot of wood! We actually have more...cut in 4 ft lengths...ready to be split for next year. I gotta tell ya...it's better exercise than lifting weights! LOL!

      Have a great day, dear friend,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...