Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What Hat Are You Wearing Today???

Isn't this the most darling little photo?


Several weeks ago,
through my etsy shoppe,
I was asked to make three infant hats,

 Lisa was planning to use them
in some upcoming photo shoots.


She most graciously allowed me to use
her photo...
After obtaining permission from the child's family.


I just love this little pattern...
It knits up quickly...
And is a great way to use up
small balls of yarn!


In addition to selling them on etsy...
I also make them for a local misssion
that our church is involved with...


And, of course,
they make a great little gift
for a baby shower!


Not so very long ago,
I made one for Joshua to take
to a young couple in his Bible study...
for their newest little miracle! 

Last evening,
as my husband and I were sitting...
Enjoying the sounds of the frogs
and the beautiful sea breeze...
I was working on some more little hats...

And I got to thinking...

About all the "hats" we wear as ladies...

Wives, mothers, daughters, sisters...
homemakers, teachers, students...
managers, chauffeurs, peacemakers...

The list is endless...

Relaxing there,
In the cool of the evening...
I thought about my most important "hat"...

Daughter of the King

Praise His Name...
It is the one "hat" that I will never take off...
No matter what the weather may be.


"The king's daughter is all glorious within: 
her clothing is of wrought gold..."
Psalm 45:13

12 comments:

  1. Dear Keri,

    So nice to hear from you! Thank you for the compliment...I love making these hats...one of those "I really don't need to think about what I'm doing" projects! Great for before bed knitting. Hope things are going well for you and your family.

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, what a beautiful baby.. The hats are adorable and looks so pretty on the baby..
    You are a very talented lady.
    What a beautitful thing...to be the King's daughter.. Wow!!! So well put.. May our Wonderful Lord bless you and your family. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he just the sweetest thing! I so look forward to the day, Lord willing, when I will have little grandchildren to sew and knit for! All in God's timing...

      Sweet blessings, my friend!
      Laura

      Delete
  3. Laura,
    Grandchildren are so wonderful.. When God sends them your way.. I know you will be a wonderful "maw".
    I am still waiting to look at your blog and see an adorable lady in a mickey mouse outfit.. I just know she will be adorable.hahaha
    Hope and Pray you and family will have a blessed and wonderful weekend and Sunday..
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just wait, girl, I may surprise you yet!

      Delete
  4. I just love these photo;s that they take of the little ones these days, they are truly pictures to cherish.. Grandchildren are a blessing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They most certainly are, Karen! My parents are expecting two new great grandchildren any day now...what an amazing blessing!
      So nice to hear from you again...hope all is well with you and yours!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Hi Laura, How are you and family doing? Sending prayers your way.. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Dear Friend!

      I am always so grateful for your continued prayers and support...you are an amazing gift from God!

      Have a wonderful day, my friend!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...