Ye shall know them by their fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns,
or figs of thistles?
Matthew 7:16
Good Morning, Sweet Ladies!
As we "pick" our way through this week...
May they know we are Christians
by our love...
Have a blessed Sunday!
Freshly picked strawberries
from our garden yesterday...
So early this year...
What a treat!
Thank you, Lord,
for Your many blessings!
I hope you have a lovely day today, Laura! Your strawberries look delicious! Yum-yum!! Our patch got lots of weeds in them last year because of the hot dry summer so we moved what we could to another area. They are doing will, but we won't have enough this year to eat- just a few here and there. Hopefully next year we'll have lots like we always have had. I've had to buy them this year and they don't taste as good!! Enjoy your berries!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Kathy in Illinois
Dear Kathy,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by! So sorry to hear about your berry patch...I remember one year when the our "ladies" got into my patch and ate all the berries and the plants! I was fit to be tied, as my sweet old Nana used to say! Now, as soon as things start to come up, the hens have to stay in their movable pen during growing season!
We are "berry" excited this year because my cultivated raspberries are growing and spreading splendidly! We have a lot of wild raspberries...but I just started some cultivated plants two years ago. My sweetie is expanding the little garden area for them...and I'm putting some netting over them so the little birdies won't eat them all up!
It is absolutely beautiful here today...slight sea breeze...warm sunny skies...God is so good!
Have a wonderful evening!
Laura
Yummy strawberries.. Absoulutely my favorite..
ReplyDeleteEnjoy..
I hear ya, girlfriend! I love pickin' em and eating em' right from the bed...so warm and sweet and ripe...yum yum. We planned to have them with warm biscuits and whipped cream for dessert this evening...care to come to dinner?
ReplyDeleteLove,
Laura
Wow your strawberries seem so early. I think that is wonderful. I'll have to check with the farms nearby to see when they are ready as I do think they maybe earlier than normal this year. Lydia wants to start a strawberry patch..but this wasn't the year for it-- maybe next year. I am writing from the van on our way back from the White Mountains!! Trying to get my weekly planning done on the road--and checking a blog or two! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteHello Mandy!
DeleteNice to have you stop by for a visit. We were excited about the berries...I think it is because I had them covered. Our local berry picking places aren't ready yet.
White Mountains...how fun! Brings back memories for me...Mom, my sister, and I, along with my niece and nephew went hiking one day and got lost overnight in the woods (this was about 30 years ago!) It was quite an adventure in the White Mts., I'll tell you! Hope you all had a fun day (with no one getting lost!)
Please know that we continue to hold you all up in our prayers...
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Beautiful strawberries! :o) I hope they were just as sweet as they look!
ReplyDeleteWe are still picking them, Nabila, and they are simply delicious!
Delete