Thursday, May 10, 2012

After The Rain...The Rainbow!

Another rainy day...

Seems as though it has been raining
here forever...

Guess we are making up
for the lack of snow this winter...

I really wanted to work in the garden...

One could easily get discouraged...

until I look around
at all the Lord's precious gifts...

A "burst" of sunshine!

A blaze of red against a dreary sky...

"Faithful friends..."


Our newest additions...three barn kitties...just two days old!

A "rainbow" of colors...inside and out...

God is so good.

"When the bow is in the clouds,
 I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant
 between God and every living creature 
of all flesh that is on the earth.” 
Genesis 9:16

13 comments:

  1. Oh, these precious little baby kittens. Thank you for showing us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rita,

    Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit! Yes, they are quite precious! Mama cat is grey and white and soooo lovable! We just got 10 baby chicks today...we are overrun with babies around this little farm!

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your dear wee kitties.. Raining here, too..
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Faye!
    Thanks so much for stopping by for a little visit! We do so need the rain...don't we! This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous here...plenty of time to get that garden planted!

    The kitties are so little! I can hardly wait to be able to pick them up! Mama has finally begun to leave them alone for a little while...she came looking for a treat at the kitchen door yesterday!

    Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you have an orange kitten!!! My mom has always been partial to orange cats. =) But for some reason we seem to have a hard time acquiring them down here. They look so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Miss Christianna,

    It is so nice to hear from you! First, I just want to tell you how deeply sorry I am for your loss...you are all in our prayers today.

    So glad that you like the little kittens! The orange one is adorable...we actually have an orange cat. His name is Larry and he is the dad of the kittens. I'll have to take a picture of him for you. He is gorgeous...your mom would love him! We actually inherited him one day...Samuel came home from helping one of our friends move into their new home...with Larry! He needed a new home. I guess he had lived in the house with the previous owner who was an elderly man. When he went to a nursing home...Larry was abandoned. So...he joined our little farm!
    We will be looking for good homes for at least two of the kittens...so...if your mom is really partial to orange...maybe we could make a trip over with a little surprise! Keep it in mind!

    Hope you are having a wonderful day. The sun is out here...glorious!..and I've been helping Josh catch up on some of his lawns because of all the rain. It is so nice to be out in the sunshine!

    With love and continued prayers,
    Mrs. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Wiley,
    Thanks so much for your prayers. It has been such an encouragement to know of all the people that have been lifting my family, as well as my sister's family, up in prayer. Amazing to know that the God of the universe hears these prayers and will answer them.

    We really enjoy kittens. =) Actually our mom cat had a litter of five, which we are nearly done dispersing. I don't think that we have ever had too much trouble finding homes for our kittens. But we rarely have a orange or yellow. And Mom has always wanted an orange cat. At one point several years ago we had one, but he has disappeared. Needless to say whenever there is a litter on the way, she mentions that if there is an orange one he would be a keeper! Now if there were only a way to close the gap of, what is it, 6 hours? And do that in about 6-8 weeks...=)

    And yes, the sunshine has been so lovely today. Mowing is very much in order here as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sweetie,

    I just came in from the barn...I was visiting with our new little kittens...and giving their mama some much needed lovin'...when I saw that you had left a message. It is amazing how quickly they change...and get more frisky! The orange one is adorable...and there is a lighter one that almost makes me think of a creamsicle! Guess you can tell that I've been out in the heat a lot today!

    Don't worry...if your mama would like an orange kitty...I'm sure that we could make arrangements somehow. We are due for a visit to my brother's in Concord anyway...and I think Joshua is working out something with trailers or some such thing.

    Hope you all are just having the best day...and that you have a very blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Comment from Lydia...

    Hi Mrs. Wiley, I really liked this post. Your kittens are so cute and precious! =) I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Miss Lydia,

      I posted your comment this way so that your e-mail wouldn't show. I'll write soon and share with you what I've learned about etsy...what little that may be! :) I just know you'll do well...you are such a wonderful seamstress!

      Hope you and your family are having a wonderful weekend together!
      Sweet blessings,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  10. Dear Trish,

    It was so nice to come home from church and find this happy message from you! Hope you are well and enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day!

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. All your flowers are beautiful! :o) and the kittens too precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments. It's so nice to have you stop by for a visit!

      With love,
      "Mom"

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...