I know that in most homes...
people don't like to hear the words...
"Clam Up!"
But in our home...
It is a welcomed phrase!
For when we "clam up"
it means that my men
have hit the mud flats...
and either steamers...
or clam "chowdah"
or fried clams are on the menu...
Sometimes...all three!
What a blessing to have a husband
who enjoys shucking out clams!
This time it was fried clams...
complete with my husband's
secret coating recipe!
![]() |
| Crushed up shells are good for their egg shells! |
Even our "ladies"
got in on the fun!
As we enjoyed this wonderful
blessing from the sea
again this weekend...
I am reminded of the need
for "clamming up" occasionally...
" Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths,
but only such as is good for building up,
as fits the occasion,
that it may give grace to those who hear."
Ephesians 4:29
And so...if I ever tell you to
"clam up"...
please don't take offense!








What fun and looks very yummy!!! Hope you had a really good weekend.God bless my friend. sending prayers for each of you.
ReplyDeleteDear Judy,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by...I've been "out of the loop" for awhile. Yes, they were extremely yummy, and the best part, my husband prepares them from start to finish! He has the best fried clam recipe going, in my opinion!
Hope you and your sweetie are doing well...we continue to hold you both up to Him.
With love,
Laura
Hi Laura, sending prayers your way. Hope your family is well.. Also praying for your parents.. We are slowly progressing up the hill. thankyou so much for all your prayers.. With love, Judy
ReplyDeleteDear Judy,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you...I've been "out of the loop" lately...lots going on around here! We continue to pray for your sweetie...knowing that the uphill climb can be steep at times...but He is holding our hand all the way to the top!
With love and prayers,
Laura
Thankyou Laura, What a lovely friend , to always remember you in prayer [especially when they have troubles too.thankyou]
DeleteHi Laura...thank you for mail from you in our mailbox. I emailed you this morning ... hope that it is the correct email address! Sunday Blessings ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDearest Teri,
DeleteI'm so sorry...I've been away from blogland forever! Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers...and for your sweet words of encouragement...you are a true friend!
With love,
Laura
Hey Laura, thankyou for the prayers..so apprecaited... We are praying special prayers for you parents and their needs too.. God be with you all.
ReplyDeleteI got your letter.I so enjoyed the article..thankyou so much for sending it.. You are soooo sweet.. Hugs, Judy
Dearest Judy,
DeleteI'm so sorry that I haven't been around to comment for so long...life has just been...well, busy! I have been praying for your both...and hope that Kenny is improving daily. Thank you so much for your sweet notecard!
With love,
Laura
You are very welcome..
DeleteHappy Easter to you and your family Laura.. Pray you feel His loving touch this special holiday season.. hugs.
ReplyDeleteOh, Judy, belated Happy Easter to you both as well! I'm just getting around to catching up on correspondences...I've missed you all so much!
DeleteSweet blessings,
Laura
Hi Laura, I nominated you for the Leibster Blog Award, I love your beautiful blog. Please check my blog for directions. hugs, Judy
ReplyDeleteDear Judy,
DeleteThank you so much for nominating me...what a sweet gesture! You are such a dear friend...I am so thankful that the Lord has put us together in this way.
Have a wonderful day, dearheart!
Love,
Laura
Laura, you are very welcome. Praying for each of you, that life will slow down and your parents are better.. As you tell me, the up hill battle is long and hard sometimes, but God is holding our hands and our hearts. And their is nothing more precious than that.. Kenny is going up the hill.. very slowly, but we thank God for each step. and for our sweet friends ,like you that pray for us.. Hugs, Judy
Delete