Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yankee Ingenuity!

The definition of "yankee ingenuity" from allwords.com...

"Cleverness of design, using available resources"

Yup...I guess that about sums up my parents and their home...

"Cleverness of design" because my dad built it from the ground up over a span of 50 years...starting as a one room "camp"...and ending up as a spacious 11 room year round home...

And "using available resources" because, well, that is exactly what they are doing to help sell their home!


You see, my parents' home is currently featured in the March/April edition of Yankee Magazine.

Last August, The Yankee Moseyer and his wife spent an afternoon with my parents, taking notes and snapping photos in preparation for writing this month's "House for Sale" article.


We are hoping that this "yankee ingenuity" will help them sell their home soon...anyone interested in relocating to Vacationland?

                   "Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; 
                      And confirm for us the work of our hands..."
                                               Psalm 90:17

14 comments:

  1. Hello Laura and what a wonderful home it must be made a little at a time with tender loving care it must be an interesting and crafty home and I hope it sells well for them hope to see some photos of it sometime soon. sorry I haven't been around I just get caught up with other stuff and don't visit blogs to much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Theodora!

    So nice to have you stop by for a visit! And thank you so much for your well wishes! We are hoping that it sells quickly for them as well...it is becoming too much for them to take care of at this point in their lives.

    I haven't taken a trip "across the sea" to visit you in some time either! I'll be stopping by to see what you've been creating in your wonderful shoppe very soon!

    Sweet blessings!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful.. WOuld love to see the magazine. And how wonderful that your dad built this house , room by room. YOu know, it sounds so familiar. Kenny built our house 16 yrs ago.. He did it completely by himself [except for the brick laying and the pitiful excuse of help.he had in me.hahaha] It was a long process, but every time, I look at a wall or a corner, I see his work.. I know it would be so hard to sale that house of love. My heart really goes out to them.
    Heres hoping he settles for a "little smaller house' lol.
    Now Miss Laura, I think you and I would look pretty "funny" in our minnie dresses.. But wouldnt it be fun to go to church together and sport these new things.hahahaha
    Kenny is a little better today.. thankyou so much for your wonderful prayers.. Oh ...how do we make a day with out our wonderful Saviour. His loving care, makes the hardest days, better..
    Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Judy,

    Seems like the more and more we correspond...the more we have in common. My husband built our house as well...about 25 years ago! We are in the process of painting the kitchen (walls, cupboards, countertop)...it was time for a "sprucing up!" I've got cupboard doors drying all over the downstairs!

    Now, Miss Judy, where is your sense of adventure, girl? I actually saw a dress that a lady made out of vintage sheets (star wars to be exact!) and she looked quite chic! I do have some vintage Mickey Mouse sheets that once belonged to my nephew (he's now in his late 30s)...I'm thinking we'll whip something up out of these and hit the runways. I think we'd be smashing!

    By the way, since I have your address, I'll send you a copy of the article so you can read it. There are a few "minor" errors...but nothing worth noting. Overall, he did a nice job with it...and my parents really enjoyed having them visit for the day. Now if someone will just buy it...

    Give a hug to Kenny for us...and keep on sewing! Go Minnie...Go Minnie...

    With love and prayers,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA,HA,HA..
      Get the headlines...
      "Laura & Judy Hit the Runway with Minnie and Mickey Mouse!!!"
      I think we will be stars after all.lol
      BTY..I saw the star wars dress or I bet its the same one.Quiet cute...
      Would love to see the article.. How wonderful of you.
      we do have alot in common, dont we?
      Sending prayers for each of you.

      Delete
  5. Dear Laura...a lovely home filled with so many memories! My thoughts and prayers are with your parents as they make changes...that they will have many precious memories to look back on as they settle into a new home. Our little home was built in 1960 for my gramma. After my gramma's passing...this became our home. We have lived here since we were first married. This is where our son grew up and lived until he married and they bought their home. They live just a few blocks from us. We are so thankful for that. My dad, mom, uncles and aunts all had a part in putting our little home together. My growing up years were just next door...where my parents lived until their passing. So many childhood memories...as well as all of the grown up memories and those that are still in the making. I want to see if our library has the YANKEE MAGAZINE...would love to read about your parents home. I enjoyed hearing about your home and Judy's home. We all have so many 'homey' memories! Weekend blessings to you and yours! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Teri,

    Thanks so much for sharing all the lovely memories about your home! We all have so much to be thankful for, don't we! Family, friends, our Lord...the list goes on and on!

    I'll send you a copy of the article as well...just in case your library doesn't have Yankee magazine. I just visited with my parents...we really discussed the possibilities of what we might do if it doesn't sell...perhaps revamping their house somewhat to make it more affordable and liveable for them. Never a dull moment around here!

    Have a blessed weekend, my sweet friend!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Laura...thank you so much. I would love to have a copy...so kind of you! It does seem as if there is always something to keep us on our toes! Warmest Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Teri,

      Just wanted to let you know that I finally got the article in the mail...you should be getting it soon. I've been a bit "under the weather" the past week or so...now I'm trying to play "catch up!"

      Hope you are all well!
      Blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  8. Hi Laura, I forgot to add.. I love to paint.. but I really hate kitchen cabinets.. toooooooo many doors..lol
    Post pictures afterward..Bet it will be beautiful..
    When Kenny gets well...we need to do some sprucing up too.. Things are getting old, "like us,ha".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Girlfriend!

      Wish you were here to help! I'm getting tired of cupboard doors...but they will look nice when they are all done. I've been a bit "under the weather" the past week or so...so I just got the article in the mail the other day...you should be getting it soon!

      I will post some pictures...after I finish the countertop as well...I can't wait to start that project!

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  9. Hi Laura,
    How's that kitchen redo coming along..Know your busy..Just wanted to send prayers to you and your parents.. Hope all is well.
    Have a great day..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just the best! The kitchen is coming slowly...since I haven't felt all that great. Hopefully we'll get much done this week...then...it's on to the roof!

      No prospects for my parent's home as of yet...hopefully as the weather improves...

      Have a super day!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  10. Dear Laura...I so look forward to mail in our mailbox! So sorry to hear that you have been a bit under the weather. My thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family! Warmest Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...