Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Planting" Love...

Happy Valentines Day, Ladies!

I just wanted to share with you
one of the several special "surprises"
that I received today...
 
My paperwhite narcissus 
had pretty much gone by...


But just in time...
I received this lovely plant
from my parents...
(rumor has it that my dad
picked it out!)

And a beautiful card...


My 88 year old dad
makes all his own cards
on the computer...

Pretty amazing for a man
who didn't even know how
to turn one on
a few years ago!

Of course,
What really touched my heart
were the two handwritten messages
on the inside...

One from my mom...
One from my dad...

Thanking me for always 
being there for them...
Especially through the
"hard times..."

It's moments like these...
That make it all worth the effort...


 Naturally, I show my love
through food!

Haddock chowder
for my parents
and my sweetheart!


And chocolate peanut butter
cookies for my sons...

Their absolute favorite!

Hope you all had as wonderful
a Valentines Day as I had...

And here's a heartfelt
Valentine's Day prayer...

Going out to Judy and Kenny...
Two very special people...

May the Lord wrap His
Loving Arms tightly around
you both this evening...

"Beloved, let us love one another:
 for love is of God;
 and every one that loveth
 is born of God, and knoweth God..."
John 4:7

14 comments:

  1. That's remarkable that your dad can do that on a computer. The cookies look good. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentines Day, Trish! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! The cookies are good...and they are almost gone already!

      Sweet blessings,
      Laura

      Delete
  2. Dear Laura...such a wonderful family to share love on Valentine's Day and every other day as well! Happy Valentine's Evening to you and your family! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentines Day to you as well, Teri! I hope you and your family just had the best day!

      With love,
      Laura

      Delete
  3. The cookies look so good!

    We really enjoyed meeting part of your family at our concert, and seeing them at our church's worship service. We always love meeting fellow Christians in Maine, and we would love to meet the rest of your family as well!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit! My sons enjoyed your concert immensely...as well as having the chance to worship with you. We all hope to be able to attend one of your family's concert soon!

      Sweet blessings,
      Mrs. Laura

      Delete
  4. How fun! :o) The card your dad made on a computer made me smile :) Your cookies look wonderful! Care to share the recipe for them? :o) Hope you had a wonderful Valentines my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nabila,

      Glad you liked the card...my dad has such fun with the computer! He is forever getting into "fixes" though. Thankfully, my Josh is a computer "whiz"...so he keeps Gramps online!

      I will share the recipe soon...they are among our favorites! Actually, just about any cookie recipe is among our favorite!

      Take care, sweet one!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  5. Laura,
    What a beautiful plant and card. I felt tears in my eyes , when I read this post. How wonderful is the love of our parents.. And to know Our Heavenly Father loves us and gives us this love from our family. How awsome.
    thankyou for the prayers for Kenny, We so appreciate them.. We are home from the hospital. Kenny is really having a rough time.. He is nauseated from the medicines.. But we are hoping this resides soon. The doctor told us, he has a long road to recovery.. When in surgery, they discovered alot of nerve damage and scar tissue, this had to be fixed, before going into the fusion surgery.. So ,it was a long surgery..
    We need your prayers, and know with God , He will see us through all this.
    Praying for your parents..and your sweet family..
    bty....those cookies look yummy.. No wonder the boys love you so much.hahahhahah
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Judy,

      We continue to hold you both up in our daily prayers...trusting the Great Physician...knowing that He is in control. Remember to rest yourself...you need to keep up your strength at this time...and rejoice in the promise that "joy comes in the morning!"

      Love,
      Laura

      Delete
  6. Hi, Laura,
    Oh, what a pretty plant you got! Do you know the name of it? And how special that your dad made the card. I think it's AWESOME that he wasn't afraid to try the computer. I love to get those sweet handwritten messages too.
    Mmmm...those cookies look so good. I'm sure they're probably all gone by now though. :)
    I think about you *lots*, my friend, and pray things are going well for you and your family.
    Enjoy the rest of your week!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Melanie,

      Mom calls it a "fire stick" but the official name is "bromeliad", I believe. It really is striking...grows very tall and red!

      And, yes, the cookies were gone soon! With 4 hungry "men" in my house...well, you can imagine! Gives me the chance to try out lots of fun recipes!

      Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, sweet friend. I'm so thankful that the Lord has put us together.

      With love,
      Laura

      Delete
  7. Hi, Laura,
    I gave you an award on my blog today if you'd like to stop by and get it, no pressure though! :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Melanie, such a sweet gesture! Thank you so much! My first award...sorry it took me so long to accept it! Now I will pray about who to pass it on to...

      Have a fabulous day, my friend!
      Love,
      Laura

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...