My dear sweet Ladies...
First, may I take a moment
to apologize for
"disappearing" for a few weeks...
Several of you have sent
kind and touching comments
and it may seem as though
I have been ignoring you...
For that, I am truly sorry...
Have you ever noticed
that sometimes when things seem
to be going along so smoothly and orderly...
"Life" throws us a "curve ball"...
And everything just seems
"out of sync..."
For the last week or so
The computer has been one of
the furthest things from my mind...
And yet, each day,
A little something "special"
would happen...
That I really wanted to give
thanks for...
So, this morning,
I was determined to set aside
a few moments
to share these with my
wonderful friends...
A sweet comment from
my dear friend Judy...
Sharing about her husband
and his recovery from surgery...
Knowing that the road is long
but trusting that God is in control...
We continue to hold you both up
in our daily prayers...
in our daily prayers...
My first "blog" award ever!
Given by a dear sweet lady, Melanie,
Thank you so much, Melanie,
I was so surprised and touched when
I found out that you had
chosen me...
And, dear friend,
as we both know...
God is so Good...
This came in His "perfect" timing...
just when I needed a little "liebe"...
And then,
Oh, my!
I feel like it is my birthday!
Four give-aways
in a week!
Three from a lovely blog called
Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe...
The pattern for this
beautiful sampler...
A package of hand-dyed cluny lace...
And then,
Oh, my!
I feel like it is my birthday!
Four give-aways
in a week!
Three from a lovely blog called
Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe...
The pattern for this
beautiful sampler...
A package of hand-dyed cluny lace...
And the directions
for this adorable sampler!
I think I'll do this one for mom...
Please don't tell her!
Thanks so much, Nancy!
Then, from the
incredible "helpful hints" blog,
Living on A Dime
This amazing cookbook
"jam" packed with countless
frugal tips!
Dear Ladies,
Did you ever notice how easy it is
to give thanks when something
wonderful happens to us?
And, yet,
Well, you know...
Yesterday, I was having
a little "pity party"
for myself...
Nobody else was invited,
of course...
I was just too busy
feeling sorry for myself
to send out invitations!
Then, in His infinite wisdom,
God gave me little glimpse
at my "attitude of gratitude" recently.
You see,
I have been rereading
the amazing story of
Corrie Ten Boom
Many of you may know
that Corrie and her family
had been arrested for hiding Jews
from the gestapo in the 1930s...
She and her sister, Betsy,
were sent to Ravensbruck,
the dreaded concentration camp
in the heart of Germany.
To paint a small picture of her world...
Fourteen hundred women were forced
to sleep in a concrete room made
to hold only 400...
The bedding hay was soiled and rancid...
Eight putrid, overflowing toilets
served the entire room...
The fleas were overwhelming.
Exhausted, malnourished, diseased,
most of these women did not share
a common language.
Corrie cried out to her sister, Betsy,
"How can we ever survive here?"
Betsy's simple, yet profound, response
taken from the pages of the tiny
New Testament that they had
smuggled in with them...
"Our Lord has given us the answer...
We can give thanks in all
circumstances! We can start
right now to thank Him for every
single thing about this new barracks!"
And so they thanked the Lord...
for being placed together...
for no inspection,
thus they were able to keep
their Bible...
And for the crowded quarters,
so that even more would hear
when they read the Scriptures...
They even found thanks for the fleas...
Corrie and her sister held nightly
worship services which would
have been quickly thwarted had
it not been for the fact that the
prison guards refused to enter
the disgusting, flea-infested
barracks for an inspection.
Even the fleas were a miracle...
Oh, me, of little faith...
Thank you so very much
for my little
"attitude adjustment..."
"Rejoice evermore.
Pray without ceasing.
In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus concerning you."
I Thessalonians 5: 16-18




What a timely post! I know how you feel :) I have been having a few of the same parties. :) Glad to know you are still around. Know that I think of you often. Thank you for the reminder of how trivial our issues are sometimes compared to those that have fully lived in the state of hardship.
ReplyDeleteDear Nabila,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you, dear one. It is amazing how easy it is to get caught up in "ourselves"...I am so very grateful that the Lord never tires of us...and that He instructs and disciplines those He loves.
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Laura
Dear Laura,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see a new post from you! Yes, those 'curve balls' can really throw a kink into life!
What beautiful items you won! I'm sure your mom will love that sampler.
How nice to win that cookbook too. I'm sure your guys won't mind you trying out some of those new recipes on them. :)
It's been a while since I read The Hiding Place, but it is one of my favorite books. My heart ached for all the suffering those people had to endure.
That's a great verse you chose...one of my favorites, though it is not always an easy thing to do!
I pray you and your family are all well and having a wonderful week.♥
Dear Melanie,
DeleteIt is always such a joy to hear from you. This verse is one of my favorites as well...although I need to remind myself to apply it more often sometimes!
Our family has been trying to read more biographies and autobiographies of devout Christians...I had a wonderful Christian literature class in high school with an excellent reading list. I've been rereading many of these classics.
I haven't started the sampler yet...not sure if I'm going to make it into a wall .or pillow...or something else. I have a few other projects to finish first.
Hope all is well with you and your family.
We'll "talk" again soon!
Love,
Laura
It is easy to get behind--no one knows better than I! lol :) I truly enjoyed reading your post!
ReplyDeleteDear Karen,
DeleteAlways so nice to hear from you! I agree, it is so very easy to get behind...I find it important to "plan" my days to an extent...so that I can accomplish a certain amount of things each day!
Have a blessed week,
Laura
Dear Laura ... thinking of you today as I walk by my little homespun thread catcher from you. It is a precious keepsake that I am looking forward to putting to good use. I just finished a little something to put in the mail for you ... you have lovingly been in my thoughts and prayers this afternoon as I was putting your little mailing together. Sweetest blessings to you and your family! Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteOh, Teri! How sweet! I just love getting things in the mail! I'm worse than the kids...we have to go to our post office to pick up our mail because we live on a little dirt road in the woods (they don't deliver "way out here!") so we don't always get there every day! For me, it is such a treat to take a ride to the "harbor" and check out the box!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your continued well wishes...you are such a sweet friend!
With love,
Laura
Laura, I am so happy that you were the big winners this week.. I cant think of a better person to win. And oh what beautiful things.
ReplyDeletethankyou so much for all your prayers and comments.. I feel so blessed to know that you are praying for us. For we know, with all the curve balls thrown our way, God is their with His loving arms to hold us and take care of us.
Also. so happy you won the blog award.. I so agree. I love,love your blog ..so pretty and inspiring.. When I need encouraging or lifting up..I head over..
Hi Laura,
Deletesending prayers your way for you and your family..Praying for your parents.
We are doing better.still a long ,hard road to recovery.. But with God we can do all things. thankyou so much for your prayers.. Judy
Dear Judy,
DeleteThank you so much for your kind words and sweet prayers. We continue to hold you and Kenny up each day...knowing that our Lord is watching over us all.
Stay well, my friend!
With love,
Laura
Hi Mrs. Wiley,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this post. The Lord often shows me things that I always take advantage of and never stop to thank Him for His many blessings. It's those little things that show His great love and care in every area of our lives.
I received your thread catcher last week and it really made my day. Thank you so much. My mom really likes it as well. =)
Hope you have a great weekend.
Dear Miss Lydia,
DeleteI'm so glad that you are enjoying your thread catcher. With all the handiwork that you do, I hope that you find it useful.
Please say "hello" to your family for us...
Sweet blessings,
Mrs. Laura