It's called a "thread catcher..."
from the blog "Love to Quilt..."
Made from one single 9 1/2 inch
I am working on a project...
or in my "idle mind" bag...
It keeps me "neat and tidy!"
a book of Waverly samples
I just loved the patterns
and colors...
And knew that someday
I would find the right project
for these 8X12 rectangles of cloth!
"thread catcher" crazy!
And I've decided to share some of my
"craziness" with you lovely ladies!
I am giving away three of these
thread catchers...
By the way,
"Catching Threads"
isn't their only use, you know!
You can use them...
On your nightstand to hold change...
Above your sink to hold jewelry
while you wash dishes...
On a baby's changing table
to hold diaper pins...
Or your bobby pins
or hair clips...
The sky's the limit!
All you need to do it leave
a comment below telling me
how you would use yours!
You can have a second entry
by posting about this give-away
on your blog...
Just come back and leave a comment
telling me that you did!
It's just that easy!
I will draw three winners
at random on Saturday,
February 11th...
You know,
![]() |
| Almost finished...just need to add buttons! |
"craziness" with you lovely ladies!
I am giving away three of these
thread catchers...
![]() |
| I love picking vintage buttons from this old cookie tin! |
"Catching Threads"
isn't their only use, you know!
You can use them...
On your nightstand to hold change...
Above your sink to hold jewelry
while you wash dishes...
On a baby's changing table
to hold diaper pins...
Or your bobby pins
or hair clips...
The sky's the limit!
All you need to do it leave
a comment below telling me
how you would use yours!
You can have a second entry
by posting about this give-away
on your blog...
Just come back and leave a comment
telling me that you did!
It's just that easy!
I will draw three winners
at random on Saturday,
February 11th...
You know,
the word "thread"
has more than one definition...
It can also mean...
"To make one's way cautiously through..."
I believe that this is how
the Lord wants us to live
our lives here on earth...
We should be cautious about...
what we do...
where we go...
who we associate with...
what we expose ourselves to...
Because our sole purpose here.











Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful. I would love, love,love to have a thread catcher.. I would use it for just that.!!!! I always sit a little garbage can close to me when I am sewing/crafting. This would be ideal and so much easier to use.
they are adorable..
Hope your having a nice evening..
bty... sure hope you post those dolls, clothes, and doll house ,when your through. I cant wait to see it..
Good Morning Judy!
DeleteSo glad that you like the "thread catchers!" I thought you would probably use them for that purpose! I always take my "idle mind" bag with me whenever we leave the house to do errands...I just can't sit and wait without something to work on...so this way I'm not leaving little threads all over the place! They flatten down pretty well to fit in any bag...I just love them.
I will post the dolls when I get them dressed. Actually, you can see a bit of them in some of the pictures above...they are made out of felt. There's a Mama, papa, Grammie, Grampie, sister, brother, and baby. I'm dressing them in old fashioned type clothes. Tiny work!
Have a blessed day, dear friend!
Laura
I would love the chance! I don't own any thread catchers. :)
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you, Niki! Thanks for entering the give-away!
DeleteHave a blessed day!
Laura
Dear Laura,
ReplyDeleteHello, my friend!
I would love to enter your giveaway.
Those thread catchers are so neat! I've never seen anything like that before. That's how I would use mine. I really like the fabric you used...very pretty.
I'll post your giveaway in my sidebar, and I will try to do a post on it too when I get the chance.
Hope you and your family are all doing well. Katie's birthday is today and she's snowtubing with her class. Needless to say she's thrilled about it!
Hope you're having a wonderful week.♥
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you entered the give-away...and that you like the fabric! I just fell in love with it. There are so many pretty patterns...this material makes wonderful potholders as well!
Katie's birthday, oh, my! Has it been another year already? Snowtubing sounds like great fun...do you have enough snow for that? Or does the place where you go make artificial snow? That is what a lot of ski resorts here in Maine have had to do this year...it just hasn't been a "snow" winter...not that I'm complaining, mind you! Please give Miss Katie a big hug from all of us...I'll have to bop on over to her blog and wish her a happy happy day!
Glad to hear your feeling better. Have a splendid day, my friend!
Love,
Laura
Hi, Laura,
ReplyDeleteKatie's class is at Massanutten. I think they probably had to make the snow. This is the mildest winter I can remember in a very long time! I'd like to see at least a couple inches of snow before winter is over.
I will give Katie a hug from you. :-) ♥
I hope that she (and her class) had a wonderful time today! What a special treat for her! It is my mom's birthday today too! She didn't go tubing...but she still had a terrific day!
DeleteLove,
Laura
Hi Mrs. Wiley,
ReplyDeleteI'd love to enter this sweet giveaway. I always have a waste basket on the floor beside me when I'm sewing, but it'd be so much more handy to have it right on the table! =) Thank you for hosting this giveaway! Hope you all are doing well.
Good Morning Miss Lydia,
ReplyDeleteSo glad you wanted to enter the give-away...I know with all the handwork you do...something like this would be very "handy" to have! I just squish one in my bag when I take my sewing with me...then I don't leave little threads all over the place.
We are all fine...thank you for asking. Hope that your family is doing well. Please tell them "hello" from us.
Sweet blessings,
Mrs. Laura
Hi, Laura,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know I put your giveaway in my post today. :)
Also, happy belated birthday wishes to your mom! I'm glad she had a nice day.♥
Dear Melanie,
DeleteThank you so much for sharing about my give-away on your blog! It's always nice to have "new visitors" stop by!
And thank you also for the birthday wishes for mom! She did have a wonderful day. Our family motto...any excuse for chocolate cake! LOL!
Have a great evening!
Love,
Laura
Dear Laura...I would love to be entered into your sweet give-away. I love the pretty thread catchers. Hugs ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
DeleteSo nice to have you stop by for a visit! I would certainly love to include you in the give-away! Hope you are all having a wonderful evening there in Kansas!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Laura, I love the thread catchers! They are so cute and very small and useful. Normally I have seen the bigger ones. I would love a chance to win one. I would totally use one for a thread catcher because now they just end up all over. Would make nice gifts to use as change cathers I think too.
ReplyDeleteHello Lana!
DeleteSo nice to have you stop by for a visit! I'm glad to hear that you like the thread catchers...I think they're cute too! I've never seen them in a larger size...but after you said that I got to thinking that they would make a cute "basket" in a bigger size...perhaps to hold bread or notions or what-have-you. Thanks for the idea!
Have a wonderful evening...I'll stop by your blog soon!
Laura
P.S. Laura, I love your background!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I thought it was pretty cute for winter!
DeleteHi Laura, I found you through Melanie's blog. I would also love a thread catcher. I think I would use mine on my nightstand to put my earrings at night when I forget to take them out sooner! I also think your blog is very cute. We have had very little snow this winter in Northern Wisconsin. God Bless, Linda
ReplyDeleteWelcome, Linda! So glad that you stopped by for a visit! I think that your idea for using the thread catcher is great!
DeleteHave a lovely evening!
Laura