Good Morning, Ladies!
Well, if we had any questions
about winter coming to Maine...
Last night certainly answered them.
The temperature was down to zero...
With wind chills supposedly near 15 below...
We are so thankful for the woodstove...
And that today is bright and sunny...
It is already 18 degrees!
Can spring be far behind?
Last December,
my son received a gift from
a neighbor that he often helps
by doing "odd jobs"...
A beautiful bowl of
paperwhite narcissus bulbs...
We set them on a dresser
in the parlour...
And watched as they grew!
Finally, this week
We have lots of delicate little flowers...
So perfect, so precious...
Spring...inside!
By the way,
Don't you just love that
portrait in the background!
It is my husband's great grandfather, Leander.
His beloved bride's mother's family was among
those who sailed on the Mayflower.
Another example of a family...
Waiting on a "promise"...
And, so, as I go about
watering my plants this morning...
I am blessedly reminded
on a far better "promise"
as I hum this favorite old hymn...
exceeding great and precious promises:
that by these ye might be
partakers of the divine nature,
having escaped the corruption
that is in the world through lust."
2 Peter 1:4
Another example of a family...
Waiting on a "promise"...
And, so, as I go about
watering my plants this morning...
I am blessedly reminded
on a far better "promise"
as I hum this favorite old hymn...
"Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the of promises God..."
"Whereby are given unto usListening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the of promises God..."
exceeding great and precious promises:
that by these ye might be
partakers of the divine nature,
having escaped the corruption
that is in the world through lust."
2 Peter 1:4
Don't Forget My Give-Away!





How beautiful.. Spring inside, like God in our hearts no matter what the Season..
ReplyDeleteOur family sang, "Standing on the Promises of God" a couple of months ago for our Nursing Home Friends. What a great reminder.
Such a lovely post thank you for blessing us..
In Him,
Virginia and My Young Ladies
Virginia & My Young Ladies
Good Evening Virginia!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by! Don't you just love that hymn! So much truth to hold on to...especially during the darkest times. There is such comfort in so many of the old hymns.
Hope you and your family are having a blessed evening, my friend!
Laura
Dear Laura...we have had such a mild winter. We have had colder temperatures the past few days ... but still nothing like our normal Kansas winters. I enjoyed all that you have shared in this post. Sweet Blessings ♥ Teri
ReplyDeleteDear Teri,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you! It is amazing how mild this winter has been...we were just looking at a post from this time last year and, oh my, we had about 2 feet of snow! Our chickens have certainly loved this winter...they've been out in the yard most days!
Have a wonderful evening!
With love,
Laura
Your flowers are beautiful! I wish I had planted some this year.
ReplyDeleteYou won the Dining on a Dime giveaway on my blog. Could you please send me an email at mrs dot mordecai at gmail dot com so we can get you your book?
Oh, I am so excited! Thank you so much for hosting this wonderful giveaway! I look forward to reading the book and getting some great tips. Have a blessed day!
Delete~Laura
Dear Laura,
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are so beautiful! What a sweet gift!
Our daffodils are up about 3 inches already...very odd for February.
How neat that you can trace your ancestors back to the Mayflower. That is amazing!
I love that old hymn...very true. :)
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your daffodils are up that high already! Daffodils are my favorite flower. When we bought the land our house is on many years ago...during the fall my husband's aunt came by one day when we weren't here (we were still building the house) and planted hundreds of daffodil bulbs all through the wooded area in front of our house...in amongst all the tall white birch trees. That spring, I woke one morning to find a "field of sunshine" outside...what a surprise and a blessing! I didn't find out for quite some time that it was Aunt Mary who planted them!
Hope you are having a wonderful week. We had an afternoon in the 60s today...can you believe it? Right now, though, it is back down to 20 degrees....crazy!!!!
Love,
Laura
These are beautiful.. I am so ready for spring.. Prayers for your parents..
ReplyDeleteOh, Judy, me, too! And yet I feel a bit greedy...this winter hasn't been nearly as bad as last! We were looking at photos from a year ago this week...we had over 2 feet of snow! We're getting a bit today...but nothing to complain about!
ReplyDeletePraying for Kenny...and you, my dear!
Love,
Laura