Monday, January 23, 2012

White As Snow...


 White...

Seems to be the predominant color
around here as of late...

Yesterday,
We found this in the hen house...


We haven't had a white egg
in months...

In fact,
We were just thinking about "replacing"
our white egg layers
with some new chicks this spring.

More white...

My husband has been working
on a new island for our kitchen...


We found this beautiful old dresser
at Larry's swap shop...
A five dollar bargain.

My sweetie took the top off
And replaced it with butcher block...

He also "finished" it with a lovely
white paint which matches
our kitchen appliances.

I love the beautifully curved feet
and the intricate drawer pulls
and especially...
The additional 8 drawers
of cabinet space!


And, of course,
Winter finally came to our 
little peninsula.


I just love the way that
newly fallen snow
makes the whole world
seem clean and fresh...

 
Perhaps that is why
so many people love
the start of the New Year.


It's like a clean slate...
A chance to begin again...
To start "fresh" and "new"...

But, all too soon,
Many of us realize that
this is not a task
we can accomplish by
"sitting down on the job..."


And, often times,
We must take "steps"
In order to move forward...


What a blessing and comfort 
it is to know
that we don't have to 
"clean up our act"
before coming to Jesus...

I am so eternally thankful
that He cleanses us
and makes us
"white as snow..."


"Come now, and let us reason together, 
says the LORD: 
though your sins be as scarlet, 
they shall be as white as snow..."
Isaiah 1:18

16 comments:

  1. You have captured some very nice photos. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Trish,

    Thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment about the photos I took. We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful spot...it really is difficult to take a bad photo! Funny, it doesn't look at all the same this morning...it is 50 degrees and foggy...most of the snow has melted...and my chickens are "skating" on the remaining patches of ice in our yard! LOL!

    Hope you have a blessed day as well, my friend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures, Laura! Thank you for sharing a bit of the beauty with us.

    I really like your kitchen island. What a bargain! Your husband did a great job on it! I'm sure you're enjoying the extra storage space.

    I'm so thankful that we have a Father who is patient and forgiving. Where would we be without Him? I think you chose the perfect verse to go with your post.:)

    Enjoy the rest of your week.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too , am so thankful that God cleans us up and makes us white as snow. How awsome!!!
    The snow is beautiful.. As your photos are.Thankyou for sharing.
    I love,love the island that your sweet hubbie made from a $5 dresser find.. It is just beautiful!!
    Have been praying for your parents and your family.Hope they are better, God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Melanie,

    So nice to have you stop by, as always! I am thrilled with my new "island!" He still has a bit more work to do on it...but for the most part it is finished. I love having all the extra space...both on the top and in the drawers!

    I too, like you, am so grateful that our Father is so loving and forgiving. I have to keep reminding myself that He wants us to be the same way...with everyone. Sometimes this is not such an easy task...but, oh so important...and it gives us such peace.

    Have a blessed evening, my friend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Judy,

    It is always so wonderful to have you stop by for a visit. Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our family. We are starting to organize some things for a huge yard sale this spring...to help cull out some of my parents' things in hopes that their home will sell quickly.
    Mom just found out that she has glaucoma...but they are treating it for now with glasses and medication.

    Don't you just love bargain finds! My sweetie is so wonderful to us...he is always doing special things like this. I am truly blessed with my family.

    Take care, dear friend...I'll be by to visit soon!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Laura ♥ Such pretty pictures of the snow! Such a lovely piece that your hubby has made for your kitchen. I love the warmth that it will add. I am on the lookout for something similar to put in a little cubby in our kitchen. I would like to have the space on the top for our microwave and plenty of added storage. When we bring something "new" into our small home we are always looking for a piece that will serve more than one purpose. A perfect verse that you have shared! Thank you, Laura! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Teri,

    So nice to have you stop by this morning! Thanks for your compliment about the island...we just love "Larry's Swap Shop". We have found so many items there that with just a little TLC we have been able to turn into "treasures"!

    Hope you all have a wonderful day!
    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. My children and I loved seeing the pictures of all the new fallen snow. What a blessing..
    It is so nice to spend some time on your blog again.

    Have a blessed and cozy day.
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Virginia!

    So nice to have you stop by this morning! I'm glad that you all like the snow pictures...unfortunately, our snow experience was short-lived this time! We had temps in the 50s yesterday and almost all of our "white stuff" has melted! This has been the strangest winter for us! We are supposed to get some colder temps this weekend...so maybe we'll see some more snow soon.

    Hope you all have a fabulous day!
    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Laura!
    I'm so pleased you visited my blog & left a comment.
    I see you live in Maine & are enjoying some beautiful snow.
    The potato soup was delicious, I think your family like it.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    P.S. I'm following your blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Carol,

    I'm so glad that you stopped by for a visit! I just know that my "guys" will love this soup...and such a treat on a frosty Maine evening...especially with warm bread right out of the cookstove!

    Thanks so much for following my blog!
    Have a blessed day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Laura,
    I can just invision the chickens ice skating.lol
    I love that kind of snow...Beautiful and white..The kids get to play in it for a little while, and the next day its gone.. [You must remember, I am from Mississippi and we are crippled with very much snow.. everything including roads , just about shut us down..ha]
    Hope your having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Judy, chicken skating is just the best! Wish I could have captured it on video. Picture this...I toss a few bread crumbs out the kitchen door...the hens come running full steam ahead. They hit the ice patch...suddenly...chicken ballet! I'm disappointed that today is so sunny and all of our ice is gone! I'm seriously considering making some "chicken skates"...this could be my latest etsy adventure! LOL!

    Take care, my friend, I always love it when you stop by!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful post my dear. I have been thinking about some of the same thoughts recently. :) I do love snow and miss it living where we are now. :) So I hope you can enjoy it for me as well! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning Nabila!

    We, too, love the snow...but haven't seen very much of it this winter, which is very unusual! In fact, we only have a few patches here and there right now. But rumor has it that more is expected any day now!

    God bless, my friend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...