Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blind

November...
Deer hunting season in Maine...
With hopes of meat in the freezer
for the coming winter months.

A beautiful stream where the deer come to drink...

Just last Saturday,
the Lord provided such an opportunity
for my husband...


 a healthy 8 point buck.

This season, my family
has been truly blessed...
By friends who have given
us permission to hunt 
on their land.


After walking the wood road
and checking for tracks
and other "signs"...

The "guys" located what they hoped
would be the perfect spot
for hunting...


A grassy marsh where the
deer come to feed and bed down
at night...

All that was needed
was a blind...

So...
We made one.


My husband and son
constructed a rough frame
from some tree limbs...


While I sewed a cover...
Using camo colored burlap
and a piece of plastic for the roof.

On one occasion...
While waiting in the blind...
Four beautiful turkeys walked by us...

I was totally amazed at
how they were so blind
to the fact that we were
sitting but a few feet from them.

And I wondered...
Is this how so many
 of us in this world
view the Truth?

So close...
Right there in front of our eyes...
Yet we cannot see it.

And I pray with all my heart
that I may never be so blind...


  "In whom the god of this world 
hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, 
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, 
who is the image of God, should shine unto them."
2 Corinthians 4:4

10 comments:

  1. Oh my dear...this is so true! So many times I think that we might not always be blind but we stumble around and have *blind spots* in life. I know that I am presently by the grace of God being shown the light from a *blind spot* that I have stumbled into for a long time. Your post is so timely! :o) Thank you my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nabila Grace,

    I understand completely what you are saying, my dear. Sometimes it is so easy to be "blinded" as we get caught up in our everyday lives. How important it is for us to make the effort to see everything in the Light of Christ.

    So glad that you stopped by again, dear one.
    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so good to have a deer in the freezer I use to have one when my boys were young and hunted. They need to get one this year. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Trish!

    Thanks so much for stopping by! Yes, it is wonderful to have meat in the freezer for the winter months. I made some meatballs the other day...they were so delicious! I hope that your boys are successful this year in their hunting efforts!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you talents in sewing for a complete covering! I'm glad your efforts were rewarded.

    I love more the spiritual truths you bring forth from every life happening.

    It's sunny here today...definitely cooling down. They say maybe snow next Weds.! :)

    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Karen,

    Thanks so much for your sweet compliment! After making a covering for my greenhouse this summer, this little project was a breeze!

    My husband called from work and said that Waldoboro actually got snow this morning! I'm afraid winter is well on its way!

    I do love my cookstove. It is a stanley waterford. We bought it from a lovely elderly lady who lives in a nearby town. We actually found the ad on "The Maine Marketplace". We had been searching for weeks on craigslist and Uncle Henry's...with no luck. Then we stumbled across this one...we were the only ones who replied to her ad. God is so good!

    Have a pleasant evening...stay warm!
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Laura,

    Great job on the blind . SO proud the Lord blessed you and family with the deer. He does provide us with out needs..
    Enjoyed the blog.. So uplifting..
    Have a great day.God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is good, I do not like wild meat of any kind but wish I did, we live in a wooded place and would have much meat around us to feast on, you were blessed by the 8 pointer too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Judy,

    Thanks so much for stopping by...and for the lovely compliment! After sewing that cover for my greenhouse...this seemed like a piece of cake! We were truly blessed with the deer...I've already made some yummy dinners from it!

    What a you working on now? I'm finishing up some little gift bags for my mom...she has a get together to go to in a few weeks.

    Hope you are having a blessed day, my friend!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Barbara,

    Thanks so much for stopping by...and for your sweet comment! I can understand about not liking wild meat...I know a lot of people who don't as well. Sometimes marinating it or putting it in stews (we had a yummy stew last evening...right off the cookstove!) can take away some of the "gameyness"!

    Hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...