Sunday, July 3, 2011

Consider the Lilies...

I absolutely love how our Lord
gently reminds me each and
every day that I am His...

Yesterday...
I was standing at my kitchen sink...
Washing dishes...
Gazing out at the pond...
Not really looking...
Just thinking about the all
the cares of the day...

The sun was finally here
to stay for a few days...
And we had so much to do...
So many projects that 
needed to be accomplished...

Suddenly, I realized,
that there was something
out on the pond...

At first I thought
that it might be ducks...


But...ducks aren't pink...


 Much to my surprise
there were gorgeous pond lilies
blooming where they never
have before...


God's gentle reminder to me
that I needn't worry 
about the cares of the day...

 For He is in control...
And taking care of all of our needs.

 
What an amazing Savior...
 
"Consider the lilies how they grow:
they toil not, they spin not;
and yet I say unto you, 
that Solomon in all his glory
was not arrayed like one of these."
Luke 12:27

12 comments:

  1. What lovely pond lilies! Such a nice reminder that if God gives so much care to the lilies, how much more care He will give to us- His children. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois
    PS In response to me having a blog someday- I don't think I would have time right now to devote to one. I hope to get a profile up sometime. I found you on Teri's blog. She is such a sweet person- like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, that was a special blessing for you to discover!
    How very lovely the lilies are - and how beautiful is our Lord!
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a true blessing and a wonderful surprise!! This was a very good reminder for me as well, and I thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,
    Happy July 4th.. Hope you and your family are having a great day.. Our daughter and family are coming for dinner and Kenny is barbue-ing boston butt ..yummy!!! Our son can't come as he is having something with his church family..Sometimes it's hard when you have a son for a preacher..you have to share...hahaha
    I absolutely love your article today..I love when we take the time to see God's handiwork and the messages He sends us..If only..we would open our eyes and hearts to God---what blessings He has for each of us.
    Nothing prettier than the unexpected that God sends.
    Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pond lilies are beautiful, Laura! How blessed you are to have such beauty outside your window. :)
    I'm so glad God cares about us...we don't have to worry.
    Hope you're having a wonderful week.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Kathy,

    Thank you for your sweet comment. I am so glad that you "found" my blog...it has been fun getting to know you. Keep thinking about that blog...they can be lots of fun!

    What a treat for us to find the pond lilies...seems like our pond changes each year. This spring we had quite a few ducks...and every once in a while we get a visit by a blue heron (someday I'll get a picture!). God is so good to us...He truly does take care of all our needs.

    Have a blessed day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Trish,

    So nice to hear from you...and I agree, the lilies are gorgeous! I just feel so blessed to have them in our little pond...we've never had them before! God is always giving us wonderful gifts...amazing ways to brighten our days!

    Sweet blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Miss Linda,

    So glad to have you stop by for a visit! The pond lilies were such a wonderful surprise...and a gentle reminder to trust Him in all things...for He truly knows what is best for us.

    Blessings to you, my friend,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning Judy!

    Thanks so much for stopping by again. Always so nice to hear from you. I'm having a "blast" with my "new" serger...I'll have to post on it soon! I had to send for the manual...so I've been doing a bit of experimenting until that comes.

    Hope you enjoyed a wonderful 4th with your family...families are just the best, aren't they!

    Sweet blessings, my new friend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Melanie,

    So glad that you finally received the bags and that you liked them! I'm making a bunch more for different people...I was able to get quite a few different colored t-shirts so that I would have an assortment of colors. One of these days I'll do a post on making the yarn.

    Hope you and Miss Katie are just having the best vacation! Definitely a good time for doing "girl things"!

    Sweet blessings, my friend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how absolutely beautiful! I love finding wonders of God all around. Sometimes it takes just us looking a little closer then normal. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Nabila Grace,
    These lilies were such a wonderful surprise! It is so amazing how God continues to bless us in these special little ways...if only we would keep our eyes open...

    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting a comment. I appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post and look forward to your response. May God richly bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...