This winter sure was harsh
on our little chicken coop...
and three cracked ones...
the windows this weekend...
of glass during the week
and get the "points"
that hold the panes in place.
In these old window panes
the glazier points are essential
for holding the glass in place.
Recently, I heard someone remark...
"What's the point of reading the
Bible and memorizing verses?"
This person clearly thought that
it would not serve any purpose
and was a "waste of time."
I remember a little poem
I had come across once...
Although I am not sure
who wrote it...
In these old window panes
the glazier points are essential
for holding the glass in place.
Recently, I heard someone remark...
"What's the point of reading the
Bible and memorizing verses?"
This person clearly thought that
it would not serve any purpose
and was a "waste of time."
I remember a little poem
I had come across once...
Although I am not sure
who wrote it...
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
We are often careful about the food
we put in our mouths because, after all...
But just, if not more importantly,
I would venture that...
It does not matter what
service we do for the Lord...
Or how we act in front
of others...
What matters is
what we are like
on the inside...
You are what you eat!
But just, if not more importantly,
I would venture that...
You are, and are becoming,
what you think!
It does not matter what
service we do for the Lord...
Or how we act in front
of others...
What matters is
what we are like
on the inside...
"As water reflects a face,
so a man's heart reflects the man."
Proverbs 27:19
Christ reprimands the
Pharisees and the
teachers of the Law over
this very issue..
"Woe unto you,
scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
for ye make clean the outside
of the cup and of the platter,
but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is
within the cup and platter,
that the outside of them may be clean also.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees,
hypocrites! for ye are like
unto whited sepulchres,
which indeed appear beautiful outward,
but are within full of dead men's bones.
and of all uncleanness.
Even so ye also outwardly appear
righteous unto men, but within
ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity."
within the cup and platter,
that the outside of them may be clean also.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees,
hypocrites! for ye are like
unto whited sepulchres,
which indeed appear beautiful outward,
but are within full of dead men's bones.
and of all uncleanness.
Even so ye also outwardly appear
righteous unto men, but within
ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity."
Matthew 23: 25-28
You see, God is not
impressed with appearances.
For He can see "through" us
To what we are like on
the inside...
And He wishes to change us
from the inside out.
If we are clean on the inside
we would automatically be
clean on the outside.
The "point" is...
We cannot know and do
God's Word...
If we are not in God's Word...
And, most importantly,
If God's Word is not
in us...
![]() |
| I see your "point" more clearly now! |
"May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock
and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14



Beautiful post! Oh so true! Loved the poem! I think that I have read that one recently as well. :o) Thank you for gracefully "pointing" out the "point" of God in this post! ;o)
ReplyDeleteSuch good words.... yes, we become what we think. And so all the more reason to have our thoughts focussed on our blessed Saviour.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read this post, all that kept coming to mind was the pledge to the Bible that our school students say every day...we need to 'hide God's Word in our heart'. When I find myself in a difficult situation, it always amazes me how a Scripture will come to mind that is just what I need to hear. God is so good. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.♥
Such an inspiring post..to live what we believe and do what we say is important to us! Thanks for the good words!
ReplyDeleteHave a grand day!
HI Laura,
ReplyDeleteIt put chills on me..just reading "He can see right through us, and knows what's on the inside"..Isnt this so true.
We should always know, that there is no hiding those "little moments"..God knows all.
Everything we do..we should try to honor our Father.
thankyou so much for sharing the verses with us .. I am so proud I found your blog.. such an inspiration.
Hope you had a nice day.I cleaned most of the morning. And sewed on the sew weekly challenge dress this afternoon.SO a good day here.
Judy
Dear Nabila,
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear from you, my dear. Hope that all is well with you and your lovely family. I'm sure that you are looking forward to summer with your little ones!
Sweet blessings,
Laura
Dear Anne,
ReplyDeleteI often think that those of us who are parents really focus on this issue...for we know that we are being watched "at all times". It is so important for us to model for our children. It breaks my heart sometimes when I am in the grocery store and I hear parents speaking to their children in very negative tones and words. The tongue can do so much damage!
It is always so nice to hear from you...hope all is well with you and yours!
Laura
Dear Melanie,
ReplyDeleteI remember those pledges from when I taught in a Christian school! We do need to hide His word "in our hearts" to help protect us during those times when we are being attacked. And, more importantly, we need to pass this lesson on to our children.
Hope you are having a wonderful week!
Laura
Dear Keri,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by! When I read your comment, I immediately thought that it is so easy to "say" we are going to do something or act a certain way, but actually "doing" it...well that can be so much harder sometimes! That is why we must practice...each and every day...so that it becomes ingrained in us.
Hope you all are having a wonderful week...thank you so much for your comment!
Laura
Dear Judy,
ReplyDeleteI always love reading your comments...you are so sweet! It is true...God does see and hear all that we do. I have been trying to reverse my thinking a bit with this...not to focus on wondering "is what I am saying or doing going to upset my Lord" but rather..."what can I say or do that will bring honor and glory to His Name! It makes me a bit more conscience of taking that extra effort to encourage someone...or offer a kind word or compliment for a job well done.
So glad that we found each other as well! Hope the sewing is coming along...I look forward to seeing what you are working on!
Laura